harboring a runaway law California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harboring a runaway law California

A friend of mine is currently letting his daughter's boyfriend stay at his house. He is 17 but has runaway from home. The boyfriend's mother has called the police and registered him as a runaway/missing person, though the boy has called letting her know he isn't missing.

I must admit, the boy's mother is crazy and treats him terribly, but I feel his place should be at his own home until he turns 18. My friend being the softy he is, refuses to kick the boy out for fear that he'll take to the streets. Is there a law about harboring a runaway in California, and if so how severe is the penalty? It's only a matter of time until the police come knocking and asking questions, and I'm very concerned for my friend's family. Thanks for any information you can provide

send daughter's bf home

Originally posted by familyman27 View Post
    A friend of mine is currently letting his daughter's boyfriend stay at his house. He is 17 but has runaway from home. The boyfriend's mother has called the police and registered him as a runaway/missing person, though the boy has called letting her know he isn't missing.

I must admit, the boy's mother is crazy and treats him terribly, but I feel his place should be at his own home until he turns 18. My friend being the softy he is, refuses to kick the boy out for fear that he'll take to the streets. Is there a law about harboring a runaway in California, and if so how severe is the penalty? It's only a matter of time until the police come knocking and asking questions, and I'm very concerned for my friend's family. Thanks for any information you can provide
    you best advise your friend to send the boy home, or he could face criminal charges if the police come, and he lies about the boys whereabouts, or refuses to let the boy go. this is not his son

Comment

And YOUR best advice is to CHECK THE DATES BEFORE YOU POST, **** IT!
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

cbg, you know Kelly doesn't care about that.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I know. It's like a train wreck. I'm compelled to keep pointing it out.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
            I know. It's like a train wreck. I'm compelled to keep pointing it out.
            As are we all. I do it here, there, everywhere.....
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

I don't understand how one person can have so much time available to post to extremely old threads on many different boards.

Comment

Well, when a person is completely barred from having contact with her child and can't hold a job (or a thought, for that matter) I guess there is a HUGE amount of empty time.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                  Well, when a person is completely barred from having contact with her child and can't hold a job (or a thought, for that matter) I guess there is a HUGE amount of empty time.
                  AND a huge amount of empty head!!!
                  Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Nah....those voices take up a lot of space!
                    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                    (unique up on him)
                    (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X