Legal adult in Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal adult in Arkansas

I have heard from several people and read on a few websites that, in Arkansas, you are legally an adult upon high school gradution if you are still 17. However, searching the AR code, I am having trouble finding that. Can someone confirm or disprove that, and hopefully point me in the direction of the code that says so?

Originally posted by Crow
    I have heard from several people and read on a few websites that, in Arkansas, you are legally an adult upon high school gradution if you are still 17. However, searching the AR code, I am having trouble finding that. Can someone confirm or disprove that, and hopefully point me in the direction of the code that says so?
    Your not going to find any law to that effect because there ISN'T ONE!! You are NOT an adult until AT LEAST 18 years of age in ANY STATE.

Comment

The age of majority (legal adult) in Arkansas is 18. You are an adult when you reach the age of 18, even if you graduate high school before you turn 18. There are many kids who graduate from high shcool when they are 15 or 16. They cannot be considered to be adults, and neither can someone that graduates at 17. 18 is 18 is 18.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

That's is what I thought, but for some reason, several people I talked to believed it. *shrug* Thanks.

Comment

That's is what I thought, but for some reason, several people I talked to believed it. *shrug* Thanks.
          A lot of teenagers seem to think that just because a 17 YO can be CHARGED as an ADULT if they commit a crime, that they are just automatically an adult when they turn 17. But being an adult and being CHARGED as an adult are 2 totally different things!

Comment

Well, now you can tell your friends that they are wrong. Here ya' go. These statutes address age of majority in Arkansas.

Arkansas state statutes and codes:
            Title 9, subtitle 3, chapters 25-101. I am NOT going to read all of that to paraphrase it for you. You will have to read it for yourself.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

Some of these people are probably referring to Arkansas' often-cited definition of Age of Majority as : "18, or when graduated from high school, whichever comes later." This is kind of misleading because a person may drop out of high school after reaching 18 years of age...then what?

Comment

Originally posted by saga
                Some of these people are probably referring to Arkansas' often-cited definition of Age of Majority as : "18, or when graduated from high school, whichever comes later." This is kind of misleading because a person may drop out of high school after reaching 18 years of age...then what?
                Again, when a person reaches the age of 18, whether they are in school, dropped out, graduated or been expelled, they are an adult. What you are referring to is when a parent is no longer responsible for paying child support.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X