Help in Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in Arkansas

I need help! I have two daughters my first daughter is 3 years old the other 1.I live in a small town in Arkansas. My problem is when my second child was born the Father of my first child signed the birth certificate thinking she was his child ( I have never been married ) After the first month we could clearly see by looks that she was not and I definately knew who her Father was. I am not with either Dad. I want to collect child support from the real Dad of my 1 year old but since my first boyfriend signed the birth certificate they say they won't take a child from the Dad but he has nothing to do with her (neither does her real Dad) I don't have money for a DNA test nor a lawyer I just don't know how to handle the situation...Help in Arkansas!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dolo5807
    I need help! I have two daughters my first daughter is 3 years old the other 1.I live in a small town in Arkansas. My problem is when my second child was born the Father of my first child signed the birth certificate thinking she was his child ( I have never been married ) After the first month we could clearly see by looks that she was not and I definately knew who her Father was. I am not with either Dad. I want to collect child support from the real Dad of my 1 year old but since my first boyfriend signed the birth certificate they say they won't take a child from the Dad but he has nothing to do with her (neither does her real Dad) I don't have money for a DNA test nor a lawyer I just don't know how to handle the situation...Help in Arkansas!!!!!!!
    Who is the "they said" that you are referring to? Child Support Enforcement?
    If so, there may be a way around it:

First, does BF#1 know that he's not the bio-dad? If not, you need to tell him.

Go back to CSE and ask them to file for CS and paternity against BF#1. Then BF#1 can deny paternity, a DNA will be ordered, once he is proven to not be the father, then you can file against the bio dad for paternity and CS. This is a long way to get around CSE's crazy rules, but it should work. Good luck.
    xena

Comment

Thanks Xena

yes boyfriend # 1 knows he is not the Dad and child support enforcement is the one who told me that but I am going to take your advice and file on # 1 Thanks for your help!
      Last edited by dolo5807; 09-08-2005, 01:53 PM. Reason: add name

Comment

See about the state representing you and ask them to open up a child support case and tell them that the man who signed mistakenly thought he was the father of the second child, so you need a case against him for the frist child and to file an action to establish paternity against the real bio father. The father of the second child will probably have to submit to the court ordered DNA test and claim mistake and request an order to be removed from the birth certificate.
        If you cannot afford an atty, see about the state or local prosecutor child support div representing you for free.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X