Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas

Received new court paper's redoing child support. The lawyer has based the amount of support on my ex's one job with the state however, he has a personal consulting firm and works as an organist for a church.

Don't they have to include the whole income in figuring child support. Any help would be wonderful. My ex is wanting me sign the court order otherwise it is scheduled to go to court in Oct. I live in MO now so this is going to be difficult for me to attend. The cost of a lawyer is hard for me since I make 25,000 and he makes 139,000 a year without the other two jobs included.

Tammy

Originally posted by TammyL
    Received new court paper's redoing child support. The lawyer has based the amount of support on my ex's one job with the state however, he has a personal consulting firm and works as an organist for a church.

Don't they have to include the whole income in figuring child support. Any help would be wonderful. My ex is wanting me sign the court order otherwise it is scheduled to go to court in Oct. I live in MO now so this is going to be difficult for me to attend. The cost of a lawyer is hard for me since I make 25,000 and he makes 139,000 a year without the other two jobs included.

Tammy
    Yes, ALL income is to be included in the calculation. Go to http://courts.state.ar.us/courts/acs_guidelines.html to find what is considered as income.

Comment

Thanks

I heard directly for the child support enforcement in the state of Arkansas and they told me the same thing. My ex is trying to hide money and guess he doesn't think I'm not smart enough to check it out. If he would have just left me alone, I wouldn't have to hire a lawyer again.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Your choice. BY the time you hire a lawyer, any increase support amount will be ate up with legal fees, so if you have proof of this employment, I suggest getting it together and sending it in to the court and taking time off to go to ther hearing yourself. Also, if you are to represent yourself, file that with the court and ask for the court for the ability to send and subpoenas to these places that pay him and ask them to answer interoggatories or supply copies of existing work records about his job and pay, and get the answers back and use them in court.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X