Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

I have questions and no answers Arkansas

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have questions and no answers Arkansas

    I have an 18 month old son and his biological father has never had any contact with him at all no phone calls or anything. He left about 1/2 way through my pregnancy and I have not heard from him since I was advised not to put him on the birth certificate and so there is no father listed. My husband is wanting to adopt my son and we were wondering if after 1 year of no contact isn't that considered abandonment and if so does anyone know what we need to do to get the process started.

  • #2
    I hope this helps!

    I know you will need to contact an attorney. They will tell you the details of what needs to take place. If you can't get in touch with your ex to sign over rights then I believe they put a legal notice in the paper, if he doesn't respond in so many weeks or months then he is automatically terminated. Like I said though the first big step is contacting an attorney who deals with those types of cases. I live in Hot Springs, AR. If you live near there I can recommend a few different lawyers that would help you. -monroezmom


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.