No announcement yet.

19 in Alaska. Possible Parent Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 in Alaska. Possible Parent Problems.

Hi, I'm 19 and live in Alaska. I have a 16 year old girlfriend. We're actually
    3 1/2 years apart. I was just wondering, if her dad doesn't like me and I don't have consent, is she old enough to decide for herself? If not, when she's 17, will that change anything? What I'm trying to ask is how long until she can decide for herself? I know the rules are a little different up here, so my fingers are crossed. I'd appreciate any input. Thank you.

bad news.....

Originally posted by whalebait
    Hi, I'm 19 and live in Alaska. I have a 16 year old girlfriend. We're actually
    3 1/2 years apart. I was just wondering, if her dad doesn't like me and I don't have consent, is she old enough to decide for herself? If not, when she's 17, will that change anything? What I'm trying to ask is how long until she can decide for herself? I know the rules are a little different up here, so my fingers are crossed. I'd appreciate any input. Thank you.
    Welll first find out what the statutory rape laws are in Alaska, they can also vary from county to county and how well the law enforcement is involved up there. my step mom is from alaska so I can see what info I can possibly get from her. My personal advice is that you keep ALL sexual relations non exsistant but if her parents approve then there might be an open loop hole. But Just greet them with upmost respect and step to them correctly. BE HONEST!!! Parents love that.Good Luck And happy Holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by whalebait
      I was just wondering, if her dad doesn't like me and I don't have consent, is she old enough to decide for herself? If not, when she's 17, will that change anything? What I'm trying to ask is how long until she can decide for herself?
      I assume you're talking about having Dad's consent to date, because I highly doubt Dad would give you consent to have sex with his daughter. Until she turns 18, she's a minor, and Mom and Dad get to decide who she is and is not allowed to spend time with. My advice--be nice to Mom and Dad

Comment

Alaska is a little different but basically dating is not illegal but sex could be.
        Emancipation can happen at age 16 though. See http://www.state.ak.us/courts/shceman.htm

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X