Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am 17 and need to know the legal age to move in with someone without promission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 17 and need to know the legal age to move in with someone without promission

I am 17 years of age and just last week my mother found out that i am bi and that i have a girlfriend which i have been dating for about 9 months now. My mother hit the wall of course and yelled at me till 3 in the morning. She found out by reading my journal. Anyway she won't let me talk to any of my friends because almost all of them are bi too, and if that wasn't bad enough she would let me see or speak to my girlfriend. She told my girlfriend that if she ever spoke to me again that she would throw her in jail (she's a few years older than i). So I am planning to move out and move in with here so that way i don't have to sign any legal papers and that meaning i don't have to get emancipated. So would it be possible to move out at 17 in South Carolina without parental consent if you have someone to live with who owns there own place? And if you don't mind at what age do you become legal to have sex with a person who is legal? Please give me an answer as so as you can. Thank you for your time.

No you are not. You need to be at least age 18.

Comment

Do you feel mature enough

Sorry but you can't even spell permission!!! What makes you think that you are mature enough to have children, make it through long periods of silence or even take Criticism in which I am sure you are willing to give if you have any type of self worth. Obviously I don't believe in what your doing.

If you have family then if you are right and supported they will be there for you.

Comment

Spelling errors hardly make someone immature, 'Good-Dad'. My geometry teacher was a horrendous speller, but she is very mature and has raised 3 children.

And if you had even read her post, you'd know that her parents do not support her... What they're doing is providing a dangerous environment for her. GLBT teens are more likely to commit suicide than any other group of people in the United States, and her mother's actions aren't just offensive... They're downright neglectful, evil, and potentially fatal... If this girl's parents cared about her, they'd be there for her and show her love; NOT HATE!

Comment

Good-Dad wrote:
          Sorry but you can't even spell permission!!! What makes you think that you are mature enough to have children, make it through long periods of silence or even take Criticism in which I am sure you are willing to give if you have any type of self worth. Obviously I don't believe in what your doing.
          "Sorry" should be followed by a comma. "Criticism" should not be capitalized, "your" should be "you're", and "self worth" should be hyphenated. The second sentence should be at least two sentences, as it begins as a question, but ends as a statement. Inside that run-on sentence, "in which" is incorrect syntax.
          In addition, I scanned your other posts and noticed numerous mistakes. Does this make you a Bad Dad??? No-you obviously care enough to give advice. My point is that if the criticism isn't constructive and compassionate, it may do more harm than good to these sensitive teens.
          Last edited by GoldenRuler; 07-06-2005, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Any Family

If you have any family, then you need to turn to them before anywhere else. If you have close family friends, turn there. Look before you leap is all that needs to happen. Honestly I can not say that your situation is factual or not. I have had over 60 kids through my home when I was doing therapeutic rehab for troubled youth.

To many people are willing to jump to conclusions, without knowing the true history of a child or person, and without this no one knows what you really need. I strongly suggest that you seek a means of living with the mentioned above if possible. Life is tough, especially at 17.

You have the right to move out, but be willing to defend your position with anyone who questions you, and do it truthfully.

You may also want to consider looking into a branch of the service. Why? Provides you with long term stability, $$$, friends and mentors.

I wish you the best.

Comment

re:

She's bisexual. It's illegal for her to join the military... Just like I can never achieve my life's goal of being an officer in the Coast Guard.

Comment

How old is your girlfriend? If she's up to four years older, then it's okay. And I'm sorry that your mom freaked out on you like that. I signed up just to tell you about the dating age. So if she's 21 or younger, y'all are good, and unless you two have sex, she can't be thrown in jail, because you guys can just say it's a simply plutonic relationship. Good luck. I'm waiting to turn 18 to get out of my house because my sister is a psychotic *****. so I somewhat know how you feel. Peas out.

Comment

AdanBrac, to your post.... what about that don't ask, don't tell policy? she (and incidentally you, too) can still join the military, can't you? i may be wrong, but according to that, you can still join.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X