This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving out at 18 with an 17 year old Florida

im 17 turning 18 in february & my boyfriend is 16 turning 17 this november , me & my parents dont have that much of a good relationship & im planning to move out with him & his family . . is their any law or something that states theirs something illegal about this ?

Once you're 18 there's nothing stopping you from leaving your parents' home.

However quite honestly moving in with your minor boyfriend is not a wise move. And his parents need a kick in the backside for even contemplating it.

Comment

Until you're 18, you live where your parents say.

As noted, it's not a good idea to move in with your 16, turning 17 year old boyfriend.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally Posted by izamar figueroa im 17 turning 18 in february & my boyfriend is 16 turning 17 this november , me & my parents dont have that much of a good relationship & im planning to move out with him & his family . . is their any law or something that states theirs something illegal about this ?
        All kinds of them, but why quote a bunch of laws that you intend to ignore anyway?
        Besides, nothing is likely to come of you and he living at his parents anyway.
        But, should it all go very wrong,
        it will be your little pea brained under aged bf and his parents that will pay a very steep price for your stupidity.

..__________________
        ~ The thing about getting older is your body has a way of telling you when it’s time to start making decisions,
        using a different part of your anatomy. ~ drr

Comment

Originally posted by drruthless View Post
          All kinds of them, but why quote a bunch of laws that you intend to ignore anyway?
          Besides, nothing is likely to come of you and he living at his parents anyway.
          But, should it all go very wrong,
          it will be your little pea brained under aged bf and his parents that will pay a very steep price for your stupidity.

..__________________
          ~ The thing about getting older is your body has a way of telling you when it’s time to start making decisions,
          using a different part of your anatomy. ~ drr

Dok, there's actually no law against it.

There is in FL a "close in age" exemption to the stat. rape/sex abuse statutes that decriminalizes the act between a 17 and 18 year old.

I'm not wanting to encourage any behavior of the sort, but it's only fair to be legally accurate y'know?

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
            Dok, there's actually no law against it.

There is in FL a "close in age" exemption to the stat. rape/sex abuse statutes that decriminalizes the act between a 17 and 18 year old.

I'm not wanting to encourage any behavior of the sort, but it's only fair to be legally accurate y'know?
            Thats right, I forgot, we're talking about Florida, my bad...
            Well then, I stand corrected....
            I would still be inclined to offer my sympathy to the boys parents,
            that love nest will likely get old real quick.
            If it happens it all...
            .._________________
            ~ I shoot from the hip and rarely miss,
            my foot.

Comment

Originally posted by drruthless View Post
              Thats right, I forgot, we're talking about Florida, my bad...
              Well then, I stand corrected....
              I would still be inclined to offer my sympathy to the boys parents,
              that love nest will likely get old real quick.
              If it happens it all...
              .._________________
              ~ I shoot from the hip and rarely miss,
              my foot.

I couldn't agree with you more, my dear Dok!

And I come from a country where the age of consent is 16.

Let's face it, teens setting up house together rarely works out well. More often than not there becomes at least one more child involved and the parents are fighting over who gets what and whom and all sorts of things.

One thing I keep asking teens is this:

If you're really mature enough to carry on this sort of relationship, then you're mature enough to wait several years until you've both had some life experience - right? If it's true love, then it will withstand the passage of time - right?

Comment

"Close in age" exception only applies to rape charges. There are other charges that could apply that would give the adult a prison terms and likely lifetime registration as sex offender.
                http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
                  "Close in age" exception only applies to rape charges. There are other charges that could apply that would give the adult a prison terms and likely lifetime registration as sex offender.

Then do enlighten us, please?

(Given that the actual statute effectively legalizes sex between anyone under 23 and a teen 16 and older)

Comment

If you recall Xena her son (also in FL) was charged under a lewd acts law and given 12 year sentence. He was 19 she was 16

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
                      If you recall Xena her son (also in FL) was charged under a lewd acts law and given 12 year sentence. He was 19 she was 16

Actually yes, I do recall that.

I now wonder, since the actual statute now makes it legal for close-in-age teens to have sexual contact, one wonders if that happened before the newer laws were written. Or if he was simply rail-roaded.

Comment

I would not say the law makes close in age sex legal just not prosecuteable.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X