X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    You just posted your other thread on 12-29. Please do not duplicate post. When/if
    someone comes along that knows the answer, you will get a reply.

All family law responders, read all the family law sub forums.
    Last edited by Betty3; 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• spelkey
    started a topic Child Support owed Maine

Child Support owed Maine

I posted this in another thread, and have received no response, so I thought I might re-post it here:
    My husband owes a past due support obligation in the amount of approximately $3500. It is owed to the state. However, about $1500 is owed for his ex receiving benefits fraudulently. The support enforcement official he spoke with gave dates that she had been receiving benefits, and the dates are after he had obtained full custody (her rights were limited to about 4 visits per month, no overnights, but she was not required to pay him support due to her being on SSI). The enforcement official stated that he could not contest the amount, because the time limit for doing so had passed. However, we were unaware until very recently that this had occurred. Regardless, if the benefits were obtained fraudulently, does he owe the support? What recourse do we have in order to reduce the debt to what it should be?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X