Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Child Support owed Maine

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Child Support owed Maine

    I posted this in another thread, and have received no response, so I thought I might re-post it here:
    My husband owes a past due support obligation in the amount of approximately $3500. It is owed to the state. However, about $1500 is owed for his ex receiving benefits fraudulently. The support enforcement official he spoke with gave dates that she had been receiving benefits, and the dates are after he had obtained full custody (her rights were limited to about 4 visits per month, no overnights, but she was not required to pay him support due to her being on SSI). The enforcement official stated that he could not contest the amount, because the time limit for doing so had passed. However, we were unaware until very recently that this had occurred. Regardless, if the benefits were obtained fraudulently, does he owe the support? What recourse do we have in order to reduce the debt to what it should be?

  • #2
    You just posted your other thread on 12-29. Please do not duplicate post. When/if
    someone comes along that knows the answer, you will get a reply.

    All family law responders, read all the family law sub forums.
    Senior Member
    Last edited by Betty3; 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.