This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move out?

I am 16 and I am having problems at home. My parents are divorced and remarried. I dont want to move in with my dad because there is no room for me, he drinks way to much and I would rather stay at this school. I dont want to stay with my mom because her and I get in fights...verbal not physical. Also my step-dad has been really angry lately and any little thing will make him snap. Is it possible that I could go and live with my aunt or would I have to choose between my parents?

If your parents give you permission, you can go live with your aunt. If they do not, you can't. You don't get to choose where you live until you are 18 - until then, you live where your parent or legal guardian says you live.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

okay thanks.

Comment

Ok after reading your other question I see your a minor with child. This changes things some. Not that you can move but from other aspects as to the legal issues the Father may face or the possibe actions yourparents can take to keep the Father from you!
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

From her other post, I'm not sure she is pregnant. I think she was asking "if" she was/got pregnant how would things change.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

reference http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234727
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
              From her other post, I'm not sure she is pregnant. I think she was asking "if" she was/got pregnant how would things change.
              Correct so we have another teen thinking having a baby will solve their problems
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Yep - that's what they think - wrong though.

Comment

no i am not pregnant. not at all. and no i dont think that a baby would solve ANY problems.

Comment

moving out is one of the things that i want to do because of all the fighting. if i ended up pregnant it would only add to the pile. not bring it down. its one thing to want to be pregnant but its a whole other story of being pregnant.

Comment

Sarah, please do not reply to old threads - this thread is from 10-09. Also, do not post advertising your website.

Comment

Poster is now gone - continues to post to some old threads & advertise website on all posts.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X