This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infedelity & custody Tennessee

I have a friend who's wife is a high school teacher. He recently found out she is having an affair with one of her students. Apparently he is of age. Anyway, he found out about the affair b/c they exchanged emails about their dates. He has printed all the emails.

Of course, he left her as soon as he found out. The trouble here is they have a daughter in together. She will not allow him to see his daughter, because she claims her attorney advised her not to. Is this legal? I thought only a judge had the authority to deny a parent visitation?

Please help me give him some advise. What should he do and what are his chances of him getting custody of the child?

He needs to see an attorney. Barring anything else, adultery is not generally grounds to have the other parent receive full custody.
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So meanwhile she has the right to deny him his daughter? What does he do about that till there is a court date set?

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post
        He needs to see an attorney. Barring anything else, adultery is not generally grounds to have the other parent receive full custody.
        Maybe not, but it is grounds to get her butt fired. The student may be of age, but she is still in a position of authority.
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X