This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can My gaurdian Live in another state if im in az

Ok so my mom died a year ago suddenly so my 22 year old sister got legal guradianship over me. Her husband is in the army and a year later he is being restationed to ohie. My boyfriend of 3 years and his mother have remodeled a room in the house in the hopes i can stay there but when i told my sister about my plans to stay and finish high school and go to college here in arizona she said that cps told her i can't live in another state without her. but im starting to thik shes just saying things to scare me into going to ohio with her. But its not working. Next she told me that if she terminates her guardianship rights that i wll go to my father who is a crackhead who still lives with his mother at 50 and have spent 90 percent of his life in jail of unemployed doing drugs. So to say the least he is not a father just a sperm donar to me. but i know that was a lie because the state although he is my biological father they would never allow me to live with a man who has never had a steady home or income and has a long criminal record. so this leads me to believe that they are just tellin me stuff to scare me into moving. But also i read somewhere that as long as permission is given a minor can stay in a different state than their guardian? is this true?

How old are you?

Comment

If you think that CPS is going to approve your living in the same house with your boyfriend and not with your legal guardian, no matter what state you're in, you have another think coming to you.

You're moving to Ohio, kiddo. Get used to the idea.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by CarynG View Post
        How old are you?
        i will be 17 in a month

Comment

A month

Well if you could last a month you can move in with them. As I was told 17 is the legal age a kid can move out you might have to check that but that's what I was told and what I am doing. SO when that month is over you can stay where you want
          Love me or hate me

Comment

You cannot move out with out parental consent. And don't post to old threads

Comment

17 is NOT the legal age to move out. I don't know who told you that but they were wrong.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Text books

Well my Criminal Justice text books told me that. Cause it is true, in Texas you can get legally emancipated from your parents as early as 16. In all states it has different ages but you can move out and live by yourself or with whoever when you are 17
                Love me or hate me

Comment

You can legally be emancipated by a court at 17 - that does not mean that all 17 year olds can move out without permission at 17.

Comment

Please start your own thread - this thread is over a year old.
                    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Alice, I deleted post & banned poster - spam. (advertisement in signature & from Russia)
                      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X