16 and 18; would dating be a problem? Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and 18; would dating be a problem? Texas

I live in Texas and am currently 15 and dating a 17 yr old. I am about to be a junior and him a senior. I will be 16 in a few weeks and him 18 in about a month after that... Would there be a problem with us dating since i am under the age of 17??? There is only a two year difference and we are not going to have a sexual relationship... but would there still be a problem???

As long as you never touch (anywhere... not even a kiss) and your parents are okay with it... yes.

Otherwise, no.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

as long as physical contact does not occur then you are fine
      http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

My parents are okay with it... They know him and think that he is a very respectful young man, but they were also wondering wat the law was about us dating...
        cyjeff- you mean i can't even kiss him?

Comment

I mean you can't kiss him, hug him or do anything to him or him to you that excites you in any way.

While statutory rape is off the table, he could still be viewed as corrupting a minor.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
            I mean you can't kiss him, hug him or do anything to him or him to you that excites you in any way.

While statutory rape is off the table, he could still be viewed as corrupting a minor.

oh, ok... He could? I don't want him to get into trouble for dating me... we've known each other and have been best friends for about 2 years now and have just started going out a few weeks ago... well thank you for the info...

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X