This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 and kicked out with a 7 month old. Pennsylvania

I am 17 years old with a 7 month old daughter. I recently got kicked out of my mothers house and am living with my boyfriend. My mother cancelled my health insurance and told me to get mine and my daughters stuff. I will be 18 years old in January. Recently, she texted my boyfriend saying if i didn't let her see MY daughter, that she would call the cops and make me come home. She is abusive and treats me and my daughter like crap. I would like to know if she can legally force me to come back or what. I applied for wic and everything already so idk what to do from here.

Since you are under 17 and still a minor, yes, she can still make you come back. When you are 18, and not one minute earlier, you can control where you live. As long as you are even one minute under 17, you live where she says you live - or at least where she permits you to live. If she no longer permits it, then you no longer live there, end of story.

And yes, this is still true even though you have a child of your own. And yes, this is still true even though she kicked you out. And yes, this is still true even though (any possible scenario you can think of).

The ONLY circumstances in which it would NOT be true, would be if the state took you out of her home. In which case I promise you, you would NOT be living with your boyfriend OR his family but in a group home or foster home of the state's choice and under the state's supervision. Which I also promise you, you would like a whole lot less than going back home.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Also previously posted:
      http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=280791
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X