Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

alittle advise please. Delaware

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • alittle advise please. Delaware

    hi i am a 17 year old living in Wilmington Delaware with my mother and father.

    I really dont know if this is the right area for this so please forgive me if not

    Long story short my family is having problems with a aunt and she has gotten mad and said my parents are not taking proper care of me and saying the are drug pushers. Neither are true. She is basicly trying to take me away from my parents by saying things to get back for others trying to sue her. Now from the way things might head its either agree and let her be the gaurdian or be a child for adouption. Now idk unless they have proof of he claims. (which i highly doupt but i dont always know what gos on behind closed doors so to say)

    I have a job and make between 150 -200 a week. I help with gas phone and electric. (i dont pay the full bill just money towards it)

    i been asking ppl for help and 4 outa 5 ppl said get yourself emancipated.
    I read all the standerd procedures and all. But is that nessesary that i should need to get emancipated? My parents said if they need to sign anything to help me get out of this situation they will do anything.

    So any help please let me know i dont know where to turn anymore
    (and if i made many spelling errors sorry not to good at typing)
    Last edited by emi1991; 10-23-2008, 09:15 PM. Reason: missed info

  • #2
    There is no statute in Delaware for emancipation.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.