Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

help!!! Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help!!! Georgia

    I currently live in Jonesboro (near atlanta), Georgia with my aunt. I am 17 and will be 18 in May. I have graduated from high school and currently am attending Georgia State University. I currently teach Spanish at a preschool. My junior year in high school in Savannah (Chatham County) I ran away from home and had to go under probation however I was told that after completing the process and staying out of trouble that my case would be sealed. Well now that I am in college I am wanting to move out on campus or with another family member in Atlanta. The problem is that my mother and stepfather will not allow it. My stepfather has not adopted me but I have been under my mother's care for all of my life. Can I be put under my biological father's care who would allow for me to move in with other family and financially support me? Can I move out without my parents permission?

  • #2
    You cannot move out without parental permission. If your Dad wants you to live with him and take custody of you he has to take your Mom back to court.

    How are you a Teacher at a preschool in Georgia when one of the qualifications is that you must be at least 18?

    (2) Teacher/Lead Caregiver

    (a) A center must have a designated teacher/lead caregiver for each group of children. (b) Qualifications of Teacher/Lead Caregiver

    1. Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;

    2. Have either a high school diploma or a general education diploma (G.E.D.) or one (1) year's qualifying child care experience if hired after the effective date of these rules;

    3. Have current evidence of successful completion of a biennial training program in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and a triennial training program in first aid provided by certified or licensed health care professionals and which covers the provision of emergency care to infants and children if the caregiver is to be counted as part of the fifty percent (60%) of the child care staff with the required current evidence of CPR and first aid training;

    4. Participate in the orientation and training required by these rules;

    5. Not be suffering from any physical handicap or mental health disorder that would interfere with the person's ability to perform assigned job duties adequately and in accordance with these rules;

    6. Never have been shown by credible evidence, e.g., a court or jury, an Department investigation or other reliable evidence to have abused, neglected or deprived a child or adult or to have subjected any person to serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly negligent misconduct as evidenced by an oral or written statement to this effect obtained at the time of application;

    7. Not have a criminal record;

    8. Not have made any material false statements concerning qualifications requirements either to the Department or the proposed licensees.


    • #3
      I teach Pre-K Spanish at Especially For Kids Christian Academy. My restrictions are that I may not be alone with the kids until I turn 18. I am able to teach Spanish as sort of an assistant under the main teacher's care. My other restriction is that I must provide proof that I either have a degree dealing with childcare or that I am currently in school seeking a degree. I got the job through good references even though I am not the typical age. I showed maturity through my college career in being younger than others.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.