X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyjeff
    replied
    The friends are wrong.

You can have the police drag his happy butt home until he is 18.

Next time he leaves the house, clean out his room. Every gone except a pillow, a blanket and a change of weather appropriate clothing.

That is all, by law, you have to let him have. Failing that, put a combination lock on the door...and your son sleeps on the couch.

Cancel the cell... and all other priviledges.

Leave a comment:

• crawf777
    started a topic concernedfather Georgia

concernedfather Georgia

Does anyone understand the law in Georgia concerning minors leaving home legally? I have been told that the law in GA is contradictory and allows 17 year old to leave home and not be forced back home, although there is no emancipation status here...and that I am still liable for my son until he's 18. I have a 17 year old who's biggest issue is he doesn't want to be told when to do chores or when to return home, or when he can and cannot use his cell phone. He has a girlfriend now and thinks that he is a man able to make all decisions. He has some "friends" (teens and sadly an adult or two) who are influencing him. He has some friends who have left home also. He feels that this is his option if he can't get the freedom from discipline he wants. He's not mature enough or ready to leave home. What legal recourse do I have if he does?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X