X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meg1022
    replied
    Sorry, if I would have looked at it again I might have realized that! LOL Thank you for helping me though.. I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    The mad and sad part is my signature.

Leave a comment:

• Meg1022
    replied
    Thanks for the help.. I wasn't mad or sad just trying to figure out a way to go to school and check up on what I was told.. but again thank you for letting me know..

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    Since you passed the age of 18, you have been emancipated.

For financial aid, the age is 24. Everyone in college is legally emancipated.

Leave a comment:

• Meg1022
    started a topic Am I eligible for emancipation? Florida

Am I eligible for emancipation? Florida

I am 20 yrs old and wanting to go to college, but everytime I try to apply for financial aid, regardless of grants, scholarships, or loans they tell me I am not eligible until my parents file their taxes, because I am leagally dependent on them until I am 24.. they haven't, nor do I think they will for some time. Someone reccommended emancipation to me and I was curious to know if that was even an option or if I will have to wait until I am 24 or try to get a loan some other way.. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X