X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DonnaSmith
    replied
    reply to love && hate

Ha. well im a little older than you. and just because you dont like your parents rules. but you need to reconcile with your parents and get it together hon.
    and dont think that just because you are 15 you are ready to move out.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Emancipation is not, and never was, intended to allow kids to leave the house. It was and is intended to provide legal protections to those kids who, through no fault of their own, found themselves on their own.

At the age of 15 you cannot be emancipated. If your parents do not agree, you cannnot be emancipated.

What do you do? You learn to live with your situation because it isn't going to change for three more years.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    Originally posted by lovethate View Post
    I am 15. and i am ready to start my own life. i need to move out of my house very soon. my parents are completely against it.. What do i do?????
    Emancipation is for children that need the abilities of an adult to survive. Not just children that WANT to live on their own to "start their own life".

You don't even know what that means.

Have you ever been completely responsible for your own bills? Food, shelter, transportation, clothing, health care, entertainment and education?

If you haven't, you are just wasting our time. If you don't have a job that pulls at least $1200 after taxes, you are wasting our time. If you have already runaway and/or been hospitalized and/or have a criminal history, you are wasting our time. If you don't have excellent grades (not excellent for you, but EXCELLENT grades), you are wasting our time.

Have you ever thought about just talking to your parents? Not yelling or screaming... but talking?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You stay where your parents tell you to stay until you are 18.

Leave a comment:

• lovethate
    started a topic I need help!!!!!!!! Illinois

I need help!!!!!!!! Illinois

I am 15. and i am ready to start my own life. i need to move out of my house very soon. my parents are completely against it.. What do i do?????
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X