X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help! Georgia

so here is the 911.

im 16 soon to be 17 in september.

my mom was sayin how she was going to move many times back to florida.
    i told her i didnt wanna go cause my friends work school and church.
    i hang out with good ppl and my mom is not involved in my church.
    and i know if i move with her i will not be attending.
    then she made a decision out of the blue and said she was moving finally i was suprised she is married with a guy and now she is back with her "high school sweetheart".
    im not sayin my mother is terrible she just does not take any responsibility.
    anyways
    she is in florida now and its like she abandoned me here..i've been calling her day ny day and she does not seem to care.
    i dont know if emancipation is good or if i should change my guardianship to someone else, that will be able to.
    i am so confused and need help fast !
    please respond.
    im running out of time.
    school starts in 3 weeks
    Last edited by DonnaSmith; 07-22-2008, 05:24 PM.

Remove the county and school from your post.

Who are you living with now?

Comment

reply to help me...

im living with my friend.
      and the mom and sister.

Comment

Originally posted by DonnaSmith View Post
        im living with my friend.
        and the mom and sister.
        First, ask your mom if she's willing to give your friend's mother guardianship.

If she says no, you'll need to go to CPS for help.

Comment

And where is dad?
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

heeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllp !!!!

what is the cps????

and my father lives in florida but my moms earlier husband the one before this my sisters father is my adopted dad.. but other than that my mom has full custody of me either way..
            and i dont think that my dad has any rights whats so ever..

Comment

Originally posted by DonnaSmith View Post
              what is the cps????

and my father lives in florida but my moms earlier husband the one before this my sisters father is my adopted dad.. but other than that my mom has full custody of me either way..
              and i dont think that my dad has any rights whats so ever..
              Child protection services. They might be called something different where you are.

Is anyone paying child support for you?

If mom is not taking care of you, and you are living with friends, there could be a case for CPS to step in.

As it stands, your mother has the right to tell you to move to Florida.

Comment

i know she does.
                i have not disagreed.
                and i have been tryin to talk to her..
                but she does not reply back to me.
                sooo i dont know what im supposed to do now.
                and maybe i should call the cps..
                but will they put me in foster care ???

Comment

What do you mean she does not answer?

Comment

Help !!!!

help me please and no im not getting child support right now.
                    is there any way my mom can give away her guardianship of me to someone else.
                    i mean like and if she says no what can i do..
                    cant i report her for being an unfit mother since its like she abandoned me here in ga.
                    and im so confused.
                    she took me out of school and she is not answering any of my calls and neither are my sisters there and she even told me she wanted to make my life a living hell.
                    and she really is ruining my life..
                    i dont know what to do...!!!!

Comment

Being a drama queen will not impress anyone.

Call CPS.

Comment

Call this number and tell them your situation
                        Child Protective Services
                        404-651-9361 (phone)

Comment

Please call the number that FlyinHawk posted.
                          Your only other choice will be to contact your LEGAL father. (I'm assuming that would be your adopted father).

Comment

if i tell the cps my situation will they put me in foster care ?

Comment

They might, but the LLT crystal ball is out being repaired.

I realize you are trying to get someone to tell you that you will be legally emancipated but the chances of that happening are between slim and none.

There is nothing in the law prohibiting your mother from approving guardianship to someone else. There is nothing in the law forcing her to do so either.
                              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X