This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some answers... Tennessee

Ok, I'm 17 and I live in Tennessee and me and my mother have decided that I absolutely cannot stay at my current high school, and we have decided that either a GED, or an alternative school would be the best route. What I need to know is how old must you be to drop out with a parent's consent in Tennessee? I'm not trying to become a lazy high school drop out, I'm dead-set on either getting my GED or a degree from another high school and then getting some type of degree from a technical college. Anyway we first just need some answers before we go forward in all this, and I sincerely thank anyone who is willing to help me out.

Thanks
    Last edited by James420; 04-20-2008, 10:03 AM.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/At_what_ag...g_in_Tennessee

( Four states require school attendance until age 18 - Ca, Tn, Tx, Ut, + Wash. DC)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by James420 View Post
      Ok, I'm 17 and I live in Tennessee and me and my mother have decided that I absolutely cannot stay at my current high school, and we have decided that either a GED, or an alternative school would be the best route. What I need to know is how old must you be to drop out with a parent's consent in Tennessee? I'm not trying to become a lazy high school drop out, I'm dead-set on either getting my GED or a degree from another high school and then getting some type of degree from a technical college. Anyway we first just need some answers before we go forward in all this, and I sincerely thank anyone who is willing to help me out.

Thanks

I know for a fact that you CAN get your GED at 17 depeding on how long it is untill you turn 18. Im pretty sure if you will turn 18 in 3 months you can get your GED. dropping out in TN is illegal, you have to atleast have a GED. You can get all the help you need from your school counselor. Im 17 and live in tennessee but i know i cant drop out (I got information on it) because I wont be 18 untill 2 months after i graduate so I would have only a month before i graduate when i am legally able to get my GED so thier is no point for me, but you might have a chance depending on your birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by erika5010 View Post
        I know for a fact that you CAN get your GED at 17 depeding on how long it is untill you turn 18. Im pretty sure if you will turn 18 in 3 months you can get your GED. dropping out in TN is illegal, you have to atleast have a GED. You can get all the help you need from your school counselor. Im 17 and live in tennessee but i know i cant drop out (I got information on it) because I wont be 18 untill 2 months after i graduate so I would have only a month before i graduate when i am legally able to get my GED so thier is no point for me, but you might have a chance depending on your birthday.
        Then why did you ask?
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X