Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you think emancipation will solve all your problems, read this before posting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you think emancipation will solve all your problems, read this before posting

http://blakematt.blogspot.com/2008/0...e-for-you.html
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

From what I could read, this sounds like a good thing for teens to read.
    However, I encountered a problem when I followed your link. Twice Windows shut down because something was trying to "add on". I don't know much about computers, but did want to let everyone know that they might encounter a problem when following the link.

Is there another link you could post, or is this just something that is unique to my computer?

Comment

I'll check it out.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Try it now.

Comment

I didnt have any problems with when I first clicked on it. I have it in my signature line on another site and no one has complained
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

It might just be Xena's computer.

Comment

Heh...Xena's got gremlins....

FH...that had to be the all time best, most informative, honest, and clearly stated explanation of emancipation I have ever heard. I can't wait to hear about all the great things you are going to do in your lifetime. We can all say, "and we 'knew' him when...."
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                Heh...Xena's got gremlins....
                Well, the gremlins must be gone, today the link is working fine. It's funny, just 2 days ago I watched that old movie "Gremlins", maybe they jumped from my TV to my computer.

I finally was able to read the whole thing, it really shows what life is like for a teen who's trying to be an adult too soon. Unfortunately, I led that life myself after I got pregnant and married at age 16, so I hope some of today's teens really heed what it says.

Comment

It sounds like Blake would be a great member of Labor Law Talk.

He will make it in life.

Thanks CGB for the resource. Hopefully it wil clear up a lot of bandwidth. Now if we could find one for the 14 year old that wants to marry her 20 year old BF!
                  Last edited by GotSmart; 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Blake is a member of LLT, though I will leave it to him to identify himself if he chooses to.

I told him recently by PM how proud I am of him. He's a great kid and I have no doubt that he will make it.

Blake is the ONLY kid I've ever seen on this board or any other that I could truthfully say I thought had the maturity to make it on his own.

Comment

For his age, he is awsome

Comment

If you read through the threads it wont be hard to figure out who he is
                        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I read it

I thought it brought a lot of struggles to light that are very realistic.

I commend you - Doing all these things is what it takes to get through the situation and these are things that will biuld character and provide you with the ability to make it, throughout the duration of your life.

Getting a scholarship won't be easy but it is obtainable. I was able to make it through college on a scholarship the entire way through and saw several students drop out that were being completly supported by parents.... They simply weren't trying because they had no value for independance at that point in life - you are learning the value early on. I think you will do well.
                          Last edited by julietn72; 05-17-2008, 03:09 AM. Reason: darn typo's

Comment

that does not change my mind

Even though getting emancipated is hard. For some people its the best thing to do.. i think for me it is the best.. my parents are unbareable most of the time.. and living by myslef would just be easier then putting up with them.. there is just way to many people living in my house.. the only problem for me is that my mom has a runaway report on me and also a hospital report.. i really dont know how to deal with that?

Comment

Originally posted by lovethate View Post
                              Even though getting emancipated is hard. For some people its the best thing to do.. i think for me it is the best.. my parents are unbareable most of the time..
                              HMMM That is what my kids said. They changed there attitude, and life got better for them. I felt the same way about my parents. I got a job (two jobs) and spent more time away from home working. Not a reason for emancipation at 15

and living by myslef would just be easier then putting up with them..
                              I guess you did not read FlyingHawk's link. Not a reason for emancipationat 15.

there is just way to many people living in my house..
                              We had 8 in a 3 bedroom. Not a reason for emancipation at 15

the only problem for me is that my mom has a runaway report on me
                              She must love you enough to want you back.

and also a hospital report..
                              What do you mean by that? Explain please.

i really dont know how to deal with that?
                              You go home, get a job and save your money until you are 18.
                              Last edited by GotSmart; 07-26-2008, 02:56 AM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X