Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, as far as I know....... 16 is COMPLETELY legal in Arkansas. Some people will argue about this.... But the legal sexual consent age in Arkansas is 16, But the federal law is 19.... So if your father got pissed enough all he would have to do is take it to the FEDERAL court systems state would throw it out. 16 in Arkansas is legal to do mostly anything its legal to work a full time job. legal to live on your own WITH a room mate.. Legal to leave school. However, I may be wrong about this, it has been awhile since i looked and all of this information was given to me by a lawyer. so if all else fails dont worry about what people on the internet have to say just contact a local lawyer and speak with him directly, after all he would know more about this then anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimsDungeon View Post
      Alright, as far as I know....... 16 is COMPLETELY legal in Arkansas. Some people will argue about this.... But the legal sexual consent age in Arkansas is 16, But the federal law is 19.... So if your father got pissed enough all he would have to do is take it to the FEDERAL court systems state would throw it out. 16 in Arkansas is legal to do mostly anything its legal to work a full time job. legal to live on your own WITH a room mate.. Legal to leave school. However, I may be wrong about this, it has been awhile since i looked and all of this information was given to me by a lawyer. so if all else fails dont worry about what people on the internet have to say just contact a local lawyer and speak with him directly, after all he would know more about this then anyone else.
      In the upper left corner of each and every post is a date. That date shows when the post was made.

Not only is the minor now over 18, but the child she was impregnated with is now walking and talking.

Oh... and, as long as we are on the subject, please show me the statute that states that the age of majority in Arkansas is 16... because all of MY books say 18.

If you are going to waste everyone's time by necroposting, at least PRETEND you looked up the information.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Well, if you are going to be rude about it...... here you go!! http://teenadvice.about.com/library/...nsentchart.htm
        I did claim that i didn't know entirely for sure...... And sorry but the "time and date" doesn't show up on my page so i would honestly have no clue when it was posted.. read above please.... If you have any questions DO NOT contact internet people contact a LAWYER.. that is always the right choice... And if you Google a little more on the matter like i did everything does point to 16 for Arkansas.

Comment

Well, if you are going to be rude about it...... here you go!! http://teenadvice.about.com/library/...nsentchart.htm
          I did claim that i didn't know entirely for sure...... And sorry but the "time and date" doesn't show up on my page so i would honestly have no clue when it was posted.. read above please.... If you have any questions DO NOT contact internet people contact a LAWYER.. that is always the right choice... And if you Google a little more on the matter like i did everything does point to 16 for Arkansas.
          No.. not only can you not work a calendar, you can't work a legal reference.

There is a difference between the age of consent... where a minor is legally deemed able to agree to a sexual contact... and the age of majority... where a minor is legally deemed able to manage his/her own affairs including choosing whom to live with, entering into contracts and managing his/her own affairs.

What that means is that it is NOT, repeat NOT, repeat NOT legal for a minor under the age of 18, repeat 18, repeat 18 to
          work a full time job. legal to live on your own WITH a room mate.. Legal to leave school.

Abe Lincoln once said, "it is better to be silent and thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt".

Here is the statute I asked you to produce.

Age of Majority

(a) All persons of the age of eighteen (18) years shall be considered to have reached the age of majority and be of full age for all purposes. Until the age of eighteen (18) years is attained, they shall be considered minors.

(b) Any law of the State of Arkansas which presently requires a person to be of a minimum age of twenty-one (21) years to enjoy any privilege or right or to do any act or to participate in any event, election, or other activity shall be deemed to require that person to be of a minimum age of eighteen (18) years. However, this section shall not repeal, amend, or otherwise affect any existing laws concerning or in any way relating to beer, wines, spirituous, vinous, malt liquors, or other alcoholic beverages, and the sale thereof to persons under twenty-one (21) years of age.

Title 9, Subtitle 3, Chapter 25, Section 9-25-101

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
            No.. not only can you not work a calendar, you can't work a legal reference.

There is a difference between the age of consent... where a minor is legally deemed able to agree to a sexual contact... and the age of majority... where a minor is legally deemed able to manage his/her own affairs including choosing whom to live with, entering into contracts and managing his/her own affairs.

What that means is that it is NOT, repeat NOT, repeat NOT legal for a minor under the age of 18, repeat 18, repeat 18 to

Abe Lincoln once said, "it is better to be silent and thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt".

Here is the statute I asked you to produce.

Alright guy, I'm not entirely sure why you are jumping on my ***.....But hey get this..... the sexual CONSENT age is 14. but their partner cannot go beyond 3 years older then said 14 yr old..... and the legal consent age to sleep with adults is 16.. Dont please do not come with me with that second rate website that isnt an actual law book.. and if you couldnt enter a "contract" being below the age is 18 then many many teenagers wouldnt work..... Granted if their parents sign a consent form so they can work.... (below the age of 16) then yes they can work. and they are LEGALLY able to drop out of school in Arkansas at the age of 16 if they have proof they intend to get their ged. But if you want to throw a second rate website at me.... And get stupid....And yet try to insult my intelligence... Fine... I will do the same for you.... http://blog.laborlawtalk.com/2006/11...-consent-laws/ Or shall i do what you did, And Quote the site directly? how about both shall we?

In Arkansas, a person of either gender must be 16 to legally consent to sex with an adult. This also applies to homosexual activity, since the law governing homosexual sex has been overturned. Prior to the age of consent, an individual cannot legally engage in sexual activity with anyone over 18. The law states that all parties engaging in sexual activity must be over the age of consent. There are a number of factors that influence the age of consent in a given situation. Age of consent laws exist to protect minors from sexual exploitation by adults or older individuals.

Under the Arkansas age of consent laws, individuals over the age of 14 can often engage in consensual sex with a partner up to 3 years older, without legal complications. You must be 18 to marry in Arkansas without parental consent. Any marriage that involves one partner under the age of 18 must have the consent of all four parents – the bride’s and the groom’s.

Rape, also called statutory rape, is having intercourse with someone who is a) at least 3 years younger and b) under the age of 14. In Arkansas, this offense is punishable by 10 to 40 years, or life, in the state prison.

Under the Arkansas age of consent laws, the crime is fourth degree sexual assault if someone aged 20 or older has sex with someone who is under the age of 16. The sentence for fourth degree sexual assault is up to one year in state prison.

The age of consent is different in every country and can vary greatly from state to state within the U.S. Several states including Wisconsin, Florida, Oregon and Virginia set the age of consent at 18. A number of other states set the age of consent at 16, including West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Nevada. Two states set the age of consent at just 14 for females, although it is higher for males. Those states are Iowa and South Carolina.

The age of consent for members of the U.S. military is 16. For U.S. citizens traveling outside the country, the age of consent is 18.

Ok, I do think we are done with this conversation, and like i said all of the information was GIVEN to me by a lawyer a few years ago......there isnt a need to get nasty nor is their a need to insult anyone....

Have a great day.

Comment

You're missing the point he's trying to tell you. The Age of Majority is different from the Age of Consent.

Age of consent has to do with sexual conduct of a minor.

Age of majority has to do with disabilities of a minor.

The age of consent has nothing to do with being able to drop out of school, getting a job or anything else, that all falls under the Age of Majority.

Comment

Alright guy, I'm not entirely sure why you are jumping on my ***
                Because you are consistantly wrong. The fact that not only are you incorrect but don't understand WHY you are incorrect is not my problem.

.....But hey get this..... the sexual CONSENT age is 14. but their partner cannot go beyond 3 years older then said 14 yr old..... and the legal consent age to sleep with adults is 16..
                Great. Again... that has NOTHING to do with a child choosing where they can live or if they can drop out of school.

Read more. Talk less.

Dont please do not come with me with that second rate website that isnt an actual law book..
                Sorry, couldn't fit the law book into my USB drive... so I just quoted the statute from the state's statutes website. You would find the exact same quote in any lawbook.

Moron.

and if you couldnt enter a "contract" being below the age is 18 then many many teenagers wouldnt work..... Granted if their parents sign a consent form so they can work....
                Right. That parent consent form is because they are not yet the age of majority.

(below the age of 16) then yes they can work. and they are LEGALLY able to drop out of school in Arkansas at the age of 16 if they have proof they intend to get their ged.
                WITH PARENTAL CONSENT.

But if you want to throw a second rate website at me.... And get stupid....And yet try to insult my intelligence... Fine... I will do the same for you.... http://blog.laborlawtalk.com/2006/11...-consent-laws/ Or shall i do what you did, And Quote the site directly? how about both shall we?
                Okay..... I don't know how many more times I can say this.

Age of consent has as much to do with age of majority as NASA has to do with the production of Tang.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LAW DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG.

FURTHER, I QUOTED STATUTE. YOU QUOTED A WEBSITE. THAT WOULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FACT AND GOSSIP.

In Arkansas, a person of either gender must be 16 to legally consent to sex with an adult. This also applies to homosexual activity, since the law governing homosexual sex has been overturned. Prior to the age of consent, an individual cannot legally engage in sexual activity with anyone over 18. The law states that all parties engaging in sexual activity must be over the age of consent. There are a number of factors that influence the age of consent in a given situation. Age of consent laws exist to protect minors from sexual exploitation by adults or older individuals.

Under the Arkansas age of consent laws, individuals over the age of 14 can often engage in consensual sex with a partner up to 3 years older, without legal complications. You must be 18 to marry in Arkansas without parental consent. Any marriage that involves one partner under the age of 18 must have the consent of all four parents – the bride’s and the groom’s.

Rape, also called statutory rape, is having intercourse with someone who is a) at least 3 years younger and b) under the age of 14. In Arkansas, this offense is punishable by 10 to 40 years, or life, in the state prison.

Under the Arkansas age of consent laws, the crime is fourth degree sexual assault if someone aged 20 or older has sex with someone who is under the age of 16. The sentence for fourth degree sexual assault is up to one year in state prison.

The age of consent is different in every country and can vary greatly from state to state within the U.S. Several states including Wisconsin, Florida, Oregon and Virginia set the age of consent at 18. A number of other states set the age of consent at 16, including West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Nevada. Two states set the age of consent at just 14 for females, although it is higher for males. Those states are Iowa and South Carolina.

The age of consent for members of the U.S. military is 16. For U.S. citizens traveling outside the country, the age of consent is 18.
                Maybe if I type slower and really big...

Age of Consent and Age of Majority are two completely different legal terms that you seem to think mean the same thing. They do not. Just because a lawyer at some point told you that it was legal to have sex doesn't mean that your parents lost all control over you.

You are galactically, completely and utterly incorrect. Repeating how you are wrong over and over will not make you correct. It just means you are not only stubborn but also have poor pattern recognition skills and below average reading comprehension.

Ok, I do think we are done with this conversation, and like i said all of the information was GIVEN to me by a lawyer a few years ago......there isnt a need to get nasty nor is their a need to insult anyone....
                [/QUOTE]

Thank God. Go away now.

Can anyone else help me here?... I don't speak stupid.

Comment

Can anyone else help me here?... I don't speak stupid.
                  I'm accused of speaking stupid all the time but I can't think of any better way to put it and can add nothing else besides the fact that I now have a sudden urge for a glass of Tang. (Is that stuff still around?)
                  "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

Originally posted by Eng&SafetyMGR View Post
                    I'm accused of speaking stupid all the time but I can't think of any better way to put it and can add nothing else besides the fact that I now have a sudden urge for a glass of Tang. (Is that stuff still around?)
                    Probably not.

And boy did I just show my age, huh? What about those stick of "astronaut food"?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X