This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16yo grl dating 19yo boy is this legal arkansas Arkansas

mkay my bf is 19 and i just turned 16, my dad does not aprove of it at all and i think i may be pregnant can my dad do anything about it. i mean can charges be pressed against him. i know the legal age of cosent is 16 here but there is almost a four year age differance. will he get into trouble if my dad calls the police???

Originally posted by kassidy1014 View Post
    mkay my bf is 19 and i just turned 16, my dad does not aprove of it at all and i think i may be pregnant can my dad do anything about it. i mean can charges be pressed against him. i know the legal age of cosent is 16 here but there is almost a four year age differance. will he get into trouble if my dad calls the police???
    The age of consent is 16, but you may be pregnant? What age were you when that possibly happened?

Your father can put a restraining order on the boyfriend so that you can not contact each other at all until you are 18.

Other charges may apply because you were obviously younger than 16 when this relationship started.

Comment

If you were 15 when you had sex with your man friend, he is going to prison.

There is a real lesson in the old saying, "15 gets you 20"
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

i was 15 when we started seeing each other and i turned 16 in october the 14....but i did not sleep with him until my b day bc he did not want to get in trouble...but i sneek around to see him and all, if i get caught in his truck with him by my dad can any charges be put on him at all...if my dad does not have apik up order on me???

Comment

oh and im not pregnant

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you're not pregnant.

If your dad says no, it's no. Period. End of statement.

If your dad gets a restraining order and your bf violates it EVEN IF YOU CONTACT HIM then your bf goes to jail.

This is not within your control. This is entirely within Dad's control.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

i understand but my dad would not think to put a restraining order on him, he is very oldschool redneck. and if there is no restraining order than theres no charges right???

Comment

Wrong.

The age of consent takes statutory rape off the table, but there are still another host of charges wrapped around the fact that you are a minor and, therefore, subject to corruption by an adult.

I know it is hard... but if you want to keep him out of prison, you need to stay away from him.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

mkay, my dad has custody of me and all but could my mother sign for us to get married??? or what about being emancipated, i have a post on that to under emancipation,it is something i am really thinking of doing bc my dad hits me and my mothers record is to bad for the court to give custody back to her, i have a job and can fully support myself adn i would have a place to live but not my dads consent would i have a case

Comment

You typically need both parents and/or guardians to sign off on a parental marriage consent.

Where are you going to live? Please don't say with your boyfriend.

Comment

help

well yes actualy, but no to, see his mom wants me to move in with her bc she actually use to take in foster kids when he was younger...but he does not live there he has his own house and everything. would it be better if i stayed with like a family member or something bc she still wants me to pay rent and all if i stay there.

Comment

You would still need parental consent to live anywhere.

You don't seem to understand that your parents are in charge of all things you do and all people you see until you are 18.

The only way you can be removed from your parents influence would be to have them declared unfit parents and/or to be emancipated.

You don't have a chance at emancipation because you cannot support yourself and if you believe that your parents are unfit, I would recommend calling the department of children services.

However, if your parents are declared unfit, you will not get to choose to live with your boyfriend or her mother. You will be placed in another foster home.

Comment

i understand

i have been put into foster care 3 times by cps in houston texas. my mother has had atleast 5 cases open on her and all they do is give me right back to her. i hvae called them myself from my school councilors office and told them that my mom was doing hard drugs in front of me and we did not have a home and alot of other stuff they came to my moms boyfriends house and then closed the case...so do i have no other options at all

Comment

Find another family member that will take you in.

I want to stress that living with your boyfriend is a terrible idea and is almost certainly going to get someone you care about charged with a crime for helping you.

Comment

They are right if you want to keep your bf out of trouble you might want to stay away from him i know that sounds hard but it could be the best thing for both of you......and if they already have stuff on your mom then they might not let her sign for you to get married because she wouldn't seem like a mresponsible guardian at the timem, you probably need to wait on that to cause until you get older so you don't throw your life away. The best thing to do is live with another family member such as like an aunt or an uncle or even a grandparent.....they might be able to understand a little more but don't think that'll make them sign for you or completely approve of your relationship. I know it really sucks to hear all this but i just want to help.
                              Last edited by Life Lover 32; 11-27-2006, 01:11 PM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X