Dont know how this happened..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know how this happened..

Im a very loving husband, just the other night my wife and I got into screaming match. I got really angry, and to get my wife out of the way so i could leave. I pushed her, she fell hitting her arm and bruising. I did not mean to push her, I ve never layed a hand on her in 7 years. She called the cops the next day after it was all done. I was arrested at home and charged with domestic violence, which is very foriegn to me. Im on probation for a dui in 2003, thats the only thing im nervous about . what might happen to me in court, will i lose the privelage to get my license in august. And should i get a lawyer. I have no previous record of viloence. please help me. Nervous in California. thanks....

Get a lawyer. See if your wife is agreeable to your case being dismissed. The problem for you is the bruising and if it is obvious because that alone is enough to make a case against you without her testimony depending on what she said to the police in the police report. Your concern should be more about revocation of probation for the DUI, but an attorney should be able to get this resolved, especially if your wife is cooperative with a dismissal or a dismissal via diversion agreement/anger management classes.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X