WAIVER of Prosecution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAIVER of Prosecution

What is a waiver of prosecution???? How can I sign one??? I told the state attorney I didn't want to proceed with testifying and they said i have to because i have a subpoena. PLEASE HELP I ONLY HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW!!

This, unfortunatly,is true. When you are subpenaed - you are obligated by law, to acurrately state to the best of your ability, all the facts, as you remember them, regarding the question(s).
    This will pass. Life's got bigger disapointments waiting for you.

Comment

BUT!!!!!
      Let's not all forget our beloved Oliver North............ ""to the best of my recollection.....I dont recall it to be that way"". ""According to the way I recall the topic in question, I remember the situation as;......"

No one can convict you of perjury if you state that it's from memory.. After all, memories are subjective.........It was NOT just politics that got North off. It was the way the laws are written.....

Good luck. Please post your results
      This will pass. Life's got bigger disapointments waiting for you.

Comment

So.....

What is a waiver of protection and can I sign one????

Comment

I remember that story

Mikswi:
          Yes I remember that well Oliver North beat the system.Case closed of course I dont believe in doing that end of story.
          PS:
          How clever of you to bring this story up.And whats even more brilliant is how you worded it. (SOMETHINGS ARE BEST UNKNOWN) The wrong impression of this story could cause more harm then good.
          Last edited by wing chun; 03-14-2006, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Depo

I went to the Depo yesterday and asked if I can sign the waiver of prosecution, they said I have to take an hour course before signing it. So I go next Tuesday the only problem is I had to do the depo yesterday, can I still sign the waiver? There is a court date on Monday, but I haven't recieved that seopena yet if I don't sign the seopena do I still have to show up? I really need advise!!! I don't want to testify aginst my son's father, I want to move foward with my life.

Comment

For starters, this is a discussion site, so you should have consulted with an attorney in real life and real time. Most offer free consultations, so no reason for you to not have. Your depo can be used in court even if you do not come, if the witness is not available, so you may have done what you were trying not to do anyway- depends on that state's procedure rules. So visit a criminal defense attorney locally and find out what you have done. You should have done that from the start.

Comment

child custody

I have a 50/50 custody agreement order from the court. My ex wife is trying to change the custody and has filed a waiver of prosecution so she can keep the children from me without getting in legal trouble, until the court date in a month.

I have been told to just go get the kids on my days by the DA, but she has prevented me so far and I don't want to cause a scene at the school or give the children stress. They want to see me 50/50.

How do I get them on my days?? What should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by rdadr View Post
                  I have a 50/50 custody agreement order from the court. My ex wife is trying to change the custody and has filed a waiver of prosecution so she can keep the children from me without getting in legal trouble, until the court date in a month.

I have been told to just go get the kids on my days by the DA, but she has prevented me so far and I don't want to cause a scene at the school or give the children stress. They want to see me 50/50.

How do I get them on my days?? What should I do?
                  Please do not post on a very old thread. You'll get more responses if you start your own thread.

A quick answer to your question though is that you'll have to file a contempt motion in court to enforce your visitation order.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X