spousal support???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spousal support???

Can anyone help with the laws of Texas on spousal support? He physically abused me a 2nd time and he took all his clothes and left me hanging with a house payment, autos, insurance, etc. We are married a little over 4 years. Right now there is a warrant out for his arrest for the abuse. This house is in my name, but he put 18,000 down for the down payment. Can he get that back? I paid all the utility bills and bought all the furniture. I have a lawyer at this time and since my husband works out of town all the time, it's hard to serve him his divorce papers or the warrant. My husband is still on probation for a 2004 dwi. I am trying to get the lawyers to find out his probation meeting and serve him there. HELP

As for the down payment, hard to say. It sounds like it was the marital home, so it could be ordered sold, but if kids need a home and it is in your name, likely not. The down payment would likely be just a factor in arriving at the property division. When you file for divorce or separation, seek interim order and among those seek monthly spousal support

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X