Need Help In Tx, Plz!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help In Tx, Plz!!!

I am feeling extremely helpless. My neice and nephew are going through a tough time. Their parents are almost at the point of divorce. The problem is they can not admit that they can no longer make it work out. Their parents are consantly fighting. Yells, objects thrown, and physical contact. They are being put through this nonsense day after day. I am more than 230 miles away and can do so much to insure their saftey and well-being. What I need is legal advice. I have gone as far as contacting their local police during one of their confrontations (tonight). I feel I have now caused limited access to them now. Though I made a rational and responsible decision to do so, I am now being labeled as a bad guy. I really want to help them, I feel they are in danger with their own parents. The thought of foster care is also frightning to me. Please any advice will help!!!!!!!!!

Ask the parents if the kids can come live with you. If they say no, then monitor the situation, but not sure what else you can do because calling DCF is causing the kids and the parents problems and you are not helping them in a practical sense. Also encourage the kids to talk to school counselors or other professionals who can help them, and if the kids want to stay with you, maybe they can suggest that.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X