Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Where to Turn

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where to Turn

    In Colorado where do you go when you don't feel The Dept of Social Services is doing their job to protect the best interests of your children?

  • #2
    I lived in Colorado for a few years and might be able to help, but your question is pretty vague. Can you give an overall description of the precise situation?


    • #3
      I belong to a non-profit group who helps abused kids and I recieve a lot of calls from mothers who are in fear for the lives of their children. I hear over and over again that social services won't do anything. They will interview children in front of the suspected abuser, they call and make appointments for home visits, reunification of the family no matter the cost is their only priority, it seems. Where can these people turn if they feel the system has failed them?


      • #4
        If physical or sexual abuse has occurred, their best bet is to call the police rather than social services. Once there are some police reports and maybe some criminal charges, social services will be easier to deal with.

        For "emotional/verbal" abuse, I'm not sure what a good alternative would be.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.