Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Need Any Advice Possible!!!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Any Advice Possible!!!

    I Am Going Through A Seperation With My Wife Of Almost 5 Years. We Have 2 Boys Together An 18 Month Old And A 4 Year Old. I Am Moving Out Of Our Apartment Because My Wife Has Found A New Love. I Am Moving Out On September 1st 2005 And I Know The Guy That She Has Fallen In Love With. (her Best Friends Husband!) Anyway My Wife Has Told Me That He Will Be Moving In After I Move Out And He Was Arrested For A Domestic Assault On His Then Girlfriend Wife Back In 2003 And Served 18 Months For That Charge. I Was Just Wondering Does Anyone Know If There Is Anything That I Can Do To Tell The Judge That I Don't Want This Man Living With My Children? Legally Is There Anything That Could Prevent This From Happening? Please Any Advice Or Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks In Advance, Mike
    Last edited by FORMYBOYS; 08-07-2005, 06:43 AM.

  • #2
    Get Your Ducks In A Row

    Speak with someone from Legal Aide or your attorney. Gather all of the information that you can about your wife's boyfriend and request that your lawyer have it put in your papers that he can not be around your children. See if you can get the victim of his abuse to testify against him and on your childrens' behalf. Any old criminal records that have been disposed of are now open for public record. You may be able to access those in the county in which he was sentenced. Another alternative you may take is to file for temporary custody of the children. In addition, suggest that your wife speak with someone who knows about domestic and family violence. She can contact me if she wishes. I am the program director for a victims of crime program in TN. Sir, you do have options. My prayers are with you, your children and your very confused wife.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.