Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

needing help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • needing help

    I was abused by my husband while living in Colorado. When I put him in jail, I moved to Tennessee for my son's and my own safety. My husband I pleading not guilty and we are going to trial on august 26th in Colorado. I cannot afford a plane ticket out there, but I will be subpoened to attend. Is there any way that I can receive financial help for a plane ticket? I want to prosecute, but I have my son to take care of while I'm trying to get us on our feet. Please help me.

  • #2
    attorney generals victim assistance programs

    call you local attorney generals office. There is a program that will assist with transportation to court. Also, call the prosecutor in the county of the proceedings and explain your situation they may be able to help. In arkansasa it is called the arkansas crime victims repartions program and it covers court expenses, missed work, meidcal expenses due to the crime, counseling needed in the future.


    • #3
      The state of Colorado has a victim's assistance fund that may be able to help you. Contact the prosecuting attorney and explain your situation and ask for help.


      • #4

        Thank you. This is the information I need. I contacted legal aid in Tennessee and they wouldn't help. I'll try these. Thanks everyone.


        • #5
          This sounds like a case where if you are not there, the case may be dismissed. You should discuss the situation with the prosecutor to see if they can make a case without you coming and seek assistance to get there.


          The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.