Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elklaw
    replied
    Go to work. If they really do call the cops, explain the situation to them and tell them you are willing to go stay in foster care until August 17th if you have to because you cannot take the mental and sometimes physical abuse anymore, and your parents being schizophrenic in what they say and do.

Leave a comment:

• michael05
    replied
    i live in arkansas

Leave a comment:

• ACc083
    replied
    What state do you live in?

Leave a comment:

• michael05
    started a topic Abusive parents...i need advice/counsel

Abusive parents...i need advice/counsel

Ive got a set of very controlling parents. I will try and make this as short as possible... But i dont think i could prove any kind of physical abuse, although my dad has crossed that line a couple times.. and mainly they are just very controlling and are very very very mentally abusive. They constantly tell me that im no good, a jerk, etc. etc. I am 17, and turn 18 in less than 30 days, and i already have a place lined up to live in , a full time job with career opportunites ( ive made a good connection with my boss and he has already offered to make me the assistant manager when i turn 18 ) so i can pay all my own bills - and i have been doing this for some time. My parents have told me when i can work, where i can work, they will just randomly tell me i cant go to work, who i can hang out with, who i can see.. this sounds all silly as i type it but its much worse than it sounds, i dont have time to type it all. Now its Sunday nite.. and saturday my dad started yelling at me and all this stuff so i didnt come home after work. im staying at my future apartment with my friend who is already living in it. i called my mom just to let her know that i would be alright... she told me that she was gonna call the cops and have them find me and "get me some counseling"... i cant go home. but i need to go to work monday to keep my job to be able to pay rent and etc when i move out officially on august 17th... i need help... please somebody advise me....
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X