Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Looking for answers!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for answers!

    Recently we found out that my now 18 yr old daughter was abused by her friends father. She at the time was 16, the man was 35. He had sex with her and gave her herpes. She told me she had contracted it from a boy from school, although at the time I thought that was strange because she was not dating that boy at the time. The authorities will not do anything because the legal age of consent in the state of Indiana is 16. The man does in fact provide many of the teens in the small town I live in with pot, cigarettes and alcohol, I cannot "prove" this for the police. I do feel like I have a civil case however. My daughter is seeing a therapist now, and the details of the incident are coming out. One question is the definition of "consent". If a 16 yr says neither yes or no, where is the consent, especially when you are dealing with a 35 yr old man you have trusted and known for several years of your life? Now on top of everything, she has an STD that she will have for the rest of her life, affecting her childbearing years, and beyond. As a nurse and childbirth educator, I understand the ramifications of this diagnosis. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    JL in Indiana

  • #2
    Consult an attorney, maybe make a complaint with the state police and attorney general's office as sometimes outside a local area you may be taken more seriously. There may be criminal and civil recourse for this, but I think you may need to seek assistance outside your local area.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.