Domestic Violance agents men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Violance agents men

Hello I am married to a woman who continues to tell my how worthless i am and if we get in to an argument she thinks its ok to slap and punch me beacuse i am bigger than her. she tells my daughter that i am a peice of **** and that i am a loser. Every time she is frusteated about our financial situation she blames me beacus i dont make a lot of money. Last night she Screamed for about 3hrs at me then started to punch and slap my in my head and arms. i tryed to pick her up to put her on the bed so that she would stop and in doing so she hert her thumb she went to the doctor beacuse i made her and the police are acting like i was beating her beacuse she said so. she didnt press charges but. She was letting me know that if i told any one that they wouldnt believe me. She has threten to kill me and pulled a knife on me in the past*stabbing the couch* But she thinks it justafied beacuse she has a low oppinon of me.

Is there nothing as a man that i can do to help my self PLEASE HELP

abused

A man can do exactly what a woman can do. Go file charges against her. Just because she is a woman does not mean she is not abusing you. She needs help. Anyone using weapons has more serious issues than this site can probably handle. I would contact the authorities in your area and get away from her.

Just because you may not have respect for someone does not mean you can abuse them. Her opinion of you is not what matters. Based on what you have said she has a low opinion of herself to conduct herself in that manner.

Good luck!

Comment

Domestic violence happens against men. You can call the police and make a report against her, or if you are not at that point, maybe you should pursue some kind of counseling or family counseling, or go visit a domestic violence victim shelter.
      If this continues, you may need to think about leaving the marriage and getting separated and divorced.
      ndvh.org
      1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
      Natl Domestic Violence Hotline

Comment

One Question,,,are you happy in that situation?

That is the question you need to answer for you.Your wife sounds like a very troubled woman,,,she uses whatever she can as a platform to vent her frustration.Calling the police wont mean a thing if you cant see that you are being mistreated.You may be a man however,,nobody has a right to verbally abuse you and you should never reply in the same way.It appears that you care alot for your wife however,you cant make her care for herself.From experience I know that most people abuse because they want something from you,,,something that they feel will comfort their emotional fits.They may want your time,,,your attention,,,your sexual energy or your love.If a person demands these sorts of things from you and you give it to them they will use the same strategy to get results from you.You wife has never been held accountable for how she treats you and thats the problem.When she makes you feel bad about yourself your responsiblity to yourself is to block the negativity not encourage it by staying around to be abused.Let her know you dont like being mistreated and if she does it again your gonna leave and return only if she gets help.most importantly,,,pray your way through it all.God can and will heal you both if your prayer is sincere.peace

Comment

One Question,,,are you happy in that situation?

That is the question you need to answer for you.Your wife sounds like a very troubled woman,,,she uses whatever she can as a platform to vent her frustration.Calling the police wont mean a thing if you cant see that you are being mistreated.You may be a man however,,nobody has a right to verbally abuse you and you should never reply in the same way.It appears that you care alot for your wife however,you cant make her care for herself.From experience I know that most people abuse because they want something from you,,,something that they feel will comfort their emotional fits.They may want your time,,,your attention,,,your sexual energy or your love.If a person demands these sorts of things from you and you give it to them they will use the same strategy to get results from you.Your wife has never been held accountable for how she treats you and thats the problem.When she makes you feel bad about yourself your responsiblity to yourself is to block the negativity not encourage it by staying around to be abused.Let her know you dont like being mistreated and if she does it again your gonna leave and return only if she gets help.most importantly,,,pray your way through it all.God can and will heal you both if your prayer is sincere.peace

Comment

nippernk

I to went through the same thing and tons more, The police told me that I couldn't press charges on her because she was pressing them on me and that I didn't have any marks on me to show it. I told them I have thicker skin and I don't mark up that easy, They laugh at me! and said she is ONLY half my size and couldn't possibly hurt me. Talk about an instant Defence Lawyer, She treid to call her Brothers over to kick my butt and I took the Phone away from here trying to get her to calm down, but Know. That Is DV and I don't have the right to protect myself. That gave her the INSTANT GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD and the Mighty Fist of the Law. it was hers all along, all she had to do is make a phone call and claim her prize! Talk about dragging the feet. Look what the community has done to Abused Men. I had called every DV help line in the area and they laugh at me to and said they can't help me, only women and I was SOL. I pleaded with every lawyer, My Probation Officer, The Judge, The LYING DR. Charles Donaldson, and nothing. This Gutless Dr. use the courts in his favor to rob me of my money. I had to get a mentat evaluation for my sentencing. Het told them That I drank 3 cases of beer per day and I was a habitual drug user, and the jugde sucked up. I have been dry for over 10 yrs and would not work in a high security job if I did any drugs. The Judge didn't care. My drug test were clean and I am so proud of not drinking ( I still don't) This a out rage, she knew he was lying ang still pretended she was doing her job. I did not have one say so in my defence and on top on that Nobody even told me what my charges were. There is no record of me being told. I was not aware of unplugging my phone was a crime even when it was used as a weapon against me, I could see if it was a true emergecy, but this wasn't she was putting a HIT on me and it is all Legal.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X