Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the talk about women as victims of male violence. Don't women use violence ag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the talk about women as victims of male violence. Don't women use violence ag

The reality is that domestic violence is an unequal crime and women are the primary victims. The FBI estimates that 85% of partner violence victims are female. Other data collected by the National Crime Victimization Survey indicates that no matter what the rate of violence by gender, or who initiates it, women are 7 to 10 times more likely than men to be injured.

How can anyone determine this if men don't report? Answer is they cannot.
    I'm not an authority on labor law. My interest lies in the employer/employee relationship in what I feel are difficult times for both.

Comment

Domestic Violence against men!!

I recently did alot of research on domestic violence for a project, and although women do suffer more domestic violence, it also exists against men.
      I found some facts about the amounts of complaint by men that have suffered domestic violence and although it might not be as high as the number of women i believe it still needs adressing! I think what the problem might be is that the general perception by society is that domestic violence against men simply doesnt exist and even if it does its very little!!

Comment

Thanks for your research and report. I have studied the issues also. I happen to believe it's a personal issue between the couple--believe it or not--I think it should be kept out of the prying minds of the public.

I've known too many men sexually abused/assaulted by women--too too many. As many women also. If just about every man I've ever loved has been then this has to extend, right? So then I did the research, which isn't easy, I know, that's why I appreciate anyone who will take it up. If I had any male children I would keep an eye on them as much as my girls.
        Up to the legal age, by the way.

I also have known men who were abused who just don't mind it. They enjoyed the experience. I don't know what to think about that.

Because men are stronger and women report violence, yes, they are dead more often. However many women thrive on abusive relationships. I've seen it time and time again. They have every resource available to them, to us, and they don't use these vehicles to get out of the relationships. These are with men who don't really provide anything to the family, so how can it be that these women need the income, or whatever? It's a mental health issue, I feel. And that would be the best place for people to address the issue, in a therapist's office.
        I'm not an authority on labor law. My interest lies in the employer/employee relationship in what I feel are difficult times for both.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X