Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

15 yr old daughter charged me with assault Kentucky Kentucky

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15 yr old daughter charged me with assault Kentucky Kentucky

    Our 15 yr old daughter, who is otherwise a very good person, has become increasingly violent at home. She has always had a "mean streak", but we have always attributed it to the social and academic strains of school. She stopped turning in assignments in school and has been failing since August. The situation at school escalated, and she was not allowed to attend a drama rehearsal at school on a Friday. To make a very long story, short; she defied me and went anyway. Her drama teacher and 2 students accompanied her home and expressed concern that my daughter would be beaten. My husband and I assured them that we do not hit our children. After an hour, I told the teacher that I appreciated her concern and understand that she must report any such allegations. However, I told her she should have gone to school authorities or the police. She left angry. An hour later, the police arrived. I was not home, but my husband said they spoke to my daughter and then him, and they left. From that moment on her "meltdowns" became increasingly violent. The only way to calm her down, is to remove yourself from the situation. Last weekend, she was having one of these episodes and I finally had to go to my room and lock the door. She pushed my door in three times as I was trying to lock it. The fourth time she kicked it in and in doing so, kicked me in the crotch. I reacted by grabbing her arms, she was facing me, and trying to kick and scratch me, and we fell back on the floor and I sat on her until my husband entered the room. As she has told us on many occasions, "you need to let me move out", "I want to be emancipated", "I'm calling the police, they will get me out of here". Well, this time she did. Not only did she call the police, she called 911 and accused me of beating her. Twenty minutes later, I was arrested for assault in the 4th. They spoke to her for several minutes, then asked me if I had punched her. I said absolutely not! He said she has marks on her arms. I am placing you under arrest for assault. Upon my release from jail, I was allowed to return home as long as my husband was present if my daughter and I were both in the house. I had scratches on my ear and neck, in addition to a lesion on my leg from the door hitting me. I was in such shock, I didn't defend my actions, and they didn't ask. I went home and, for lack of a better word, she would "snicker" at me. She is doing as she pleases, when she pleases. My husband and I are now fearful of what she may accuse us of. I have since, checked into a hotel. Social services are now involved, and my daughter is feeling more empowered. The attorney that will represent me is suggesting we press charges against her as being out of control juvenile. Does anyone have experience with this? What do I do in this situation. I can't believe she is doing this.

  • #2
    Sounds pretty intense. Has she been checked for drug use? Has she been interviewed by either a neurologist or a a neuro-psychologist?
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy. is a good resource!


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.