Spousal Batter & Threats California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spousal Batter & Threats California

My husband was arrested for spousal battery and making terrorits threats against me.

He pushed my, but did not hit me. There were no bruises.

Also, there is no proof of the threats.

He has plead not guilty.

I do not want him to go to jail, I just want him to have to take abuse/anger management classes.

What is the normal outcome of a story like this?
    Last edited by I_still_believe; 06-24-2009, 11:30 AM.

Outcome? We give insight, ideas, and even on rare occassions -advice. But we're not psychics.

Too much we don't know.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

obviously there is more to this story. have you approached him about taking anger management classes? if you dont' mind my asking, do you have any children?

Comment

more to story

We had fought in the past. He was very depressed over his job and other issues. I was not sure of his state of mind. I wanted him to get help, but would not go to therapy to get at his issues. He did not hit me, he only pushed me.

We have one daughter together and I have a son from a previous relationship that he treats as his son.

I pretty much wanted him to see what he was doing to his family.

But, right now all he sees is that I put him in this situation.

Also, he did take a stress management class before, but only went once. He spoke with a therapist right after and they said he suffered from depression but he never went back.

He has a lot of built up emotions about things from his childhood that he never worked through. I strongly believe that this is why he needs to go to therapy.
        Last edited by I_still_believe; 06-25-2009, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I agree with you, but you can't force someone to do something that he doesn't want to do. You can't change someone either.
          Maybe what happened will open his eyes and he will see what you're seeing. Right now, it sounds like, he's in his own world and doesn't see the damage he's inflicting upon your family together.
          As for the outcome, no one knows, but I do wish you the best of luck. Keep strong!
          Last edited by SKI16; 06-25-2009, 06:23 AM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X