Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    I wouldn't do anything more - just move on with your life. However, do continue with your counseling and the best of luck to you. Betty3

Leave a comment:

• CSA83
    replied
    I already agreed go counseling, I never thought I'd ever see myself doing so, but I am going. My only question now is any legalities that I should have taken care of after the death of the said person. As far as I know all the person's bank accounts have been closed and settled, funeral paid and done with. And the children take care of, is there anything I have to do before I could continue with my own life with someone else if I was to marry again. Do I have to request a death certificate and provide it to some kind of authority, I never dealt with this due to some obvious personal reasons but now that I am, is there something I should do? Or should I just stop posting here and just get help elsewhere? But I want to thank the two of you for responding, it meant a lot that someone did respond to my original post, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Agree, get counseling & I would get counseling before considering any legal action.

Leave a comment:

• cactus jack
    replied
    Get counseling.

Leave a comment:

• CSA83
    started a topic CSA question

CSA question

I'll try to make this short as I can. After years of keeping this secret to myself and everyone I knew I finally came out with it. Advice from a friend told me to keep all my options open and seek some legal advice before SOL kick in for this particular case. I am now twenty-five and going to turn twenty-six in less than a month.

The simple story is this.. I was in a mentally abusive relationship and was statutory raped while I was a minor. I was fourteen years old when I had lost my virginity to my forty year old teacher. I had known this person when I was going into junior high and had placed that person in a very high pedestal while I was in middle school. I had known this teacher since I was in 5th grade and had fell in love with this teacher like a second parent and mentor, even dated this teacher's daughter for almost two years while in junior high. The sexual encounters continued throughout high school while the person taught in school district that I was in (California, Bay Area), much in a way destroyed my chance to live a normal life during that time and forcing myself to live a double life until recently.

It's get more complicated. I ended up marrying this teacher while I was a junior in high school, I had just turned 18 within a month's time. That was all that was, just paper, never lived with the person, family never knew, my friends never knew. I had went through five more years of going through the motions and saw the person less and less but still kept appearances with the person. Then about a year and half ago the person died, I was free, at least I felt free. At that time I had been in another serious relationship in which I am now engaged and very, so very happy. Very recently we, myself and my fiancee, had been going through personal items when I had made the confession of my said double life. With my Fiancee and close friend had urge me to seek help in counseling and also look into legal options as well. So there you have it. Looking for any advice. I have less than thirty days until I turn twenty-six, should I just let it go or what?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X