How can I run away without my dad following me? North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I run away without my dad following me? North Carolina

My dad is abusive and DSS [Department of Social Service] has been in our lives multiple times. The last time they were here, was June 2008 because he decided to punch me in the face a couple of times and hit me with a wooden brush. DSS, once again, did not take us out of the home because of his "articulate" speeches of how we are lying, deceiving type of people. They came to the conclusion that we would still remain in the house but he could NOT have PHYSICAL CONTACT AT ALL. Lately, he has been grabbing me and my sister by either our arms or heads and shoving us around. We used to be in constant fear of him and I feel as we are becoming that way again. I want to tell DSS but I'm afraid nothing is going to happen. What should I do?
    By the way, I am 16 and my little sister is 14.
    [[P E A C E && L O V E]]

Did you really think a legal site would give you instructions on how to run away?

Call DSS.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I'm not literally asking.
      I'm trying to tell you that what is the frigging point of calling DSS when they do absolutely nothing!
      [[P E A C E && L O V E]]

Comment

Nothing or not what you want there is a difference. You cannot legally run away. DFS/CPS or whatever intials they use are your means to escape abuse
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Hurtin.Inside.Smilin.Out View Post
          My dad is abusive and DSS [Department of Social Service] has been in our lives multiple times. The last time they were here, was June 2008 because he decided to punch me in the face a couple of times and hit me with a wooden brush. DSS, once again, did not take us out of the home because of his "articulate" speeches of how we are lying, deceiving type of people. They came to the conclusion that we would still remain in the house but he could NOT have PHYSICAL CONTACT AT ALL. Lately, he has been grabbing me and my sister by either our arms or heads and shoving us around. We used to be in constant fear of him and I feel as we are becoming that way again. I want to tell DSS but I'm afraid nothing is going to happen. What should I do?
          By the way, I am 16 and my little sister is 14.
          Call DSS again, and keep calling them every single time you/your sister are abused. If he leaves any marks on you, you should speak to your school counselor about it.

Running away would only make DSS belive your father more. You have to keep going to them until they do listen.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X