Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary Restraining Order Denied I Desperately Need Advice The Man Has Hurt Me Cali

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Temporary Restraining Order Denied I Desperately Need Advice The Man Has Hurt Me Cali

    Went to hearing for a TRO and was denied. The judge said I didn't have enough information and was given another court date. Harrassing, stalking, blackmail, coming into my home while I'm gone and possibly stealing firearms isn't enough information?

    This man has been convicted of unauthorized wire tapping and telephone harrassing six years ago and lost his job of 20 years with Verizon. He is not to have any firearms. The man didn't go to court for the temporary restraining order.

    I need advice as I do not want to be denied a permanent restraining order. I dated this man for a few months and when I told him it was over he went crazy. When I wouldn't answer the door, he would peek in windows and holler for me or sleep in front on my home in his car. Once he cut my phone lines. I called the police and they had him leave. But he has come back on many occasions. I have my next door neighbor who has witnessed all of it.

    One day while at work he came into my home (reached lock through the doggy door) and came into my computer and read my emails. He found my best friends email regarding an affair she was having and decided to use this email as blackmail against me. He started calling men who I had dated telling them I was his girlfriend and to stay away from me. He threatened to tell my girlfriends husband if I didn't do what he wanted me to do. Well to protect her marriage I did what he wanted me to do for two years. Whatever he wanted he got it. I was an absolutely nervous wreck, I missed many days of work and started seeing a therapist. During this time my gun came up missing. I filed a report with the police. I have copies of im's taken from my computer that if didn't do what he wanted me to he would mail the letter to my girlfriends husband. I called the police the day he broke in and they said I had no proof that he had come into my home. He also took my address book, gate key and my best lingerie in which he has never given back after I have asked back for many times.

    I knew this man had a girlfriend and looked for two years to find her, but I finally had a private investigator hunt her down. I asked him for my gun back and when he wouldn't give it to me I went to his girlfriend and told her everything he had been doing. I asked her if she knew anything about a gun and she told me her boyfriend man his brother a gun and she would give me a statement for the police. His girlfriend broke up with him. Two days later she is back with him. She won't give a statement regarding the gun. Also this man mailed the letter to my girlfriends house in North Carolina in which her husband received. My friend of 30 years will no longer speak to me. He doesn't even know these people. The man also called my place of employment. I have been a letter carrier for 26 years. He told the postal inspectors I had a 30 year drug problem. In which I don't.

    Waiting to go back to court. How am I going to convince the judge that this man has harassed me, stalked me, tried to ruin my life. I had copies of police reports for the judge also. I believe he stole my gun. Do I go to local police and ask why they never checked on my report when I gave his name? The man hasn't contacted me since the day before temporary restraining order court.

    I'm not crazy everything here is true. I hate to think this man has gotten away with everything he has already done. Blackmailing me, following me, all the unwanted phone calls, ruining a 30 year friendship, trying to ruin my career and possibly may have stolen my gun. I have no idea if he will try to hurt me again. Please don't just read. . .I really need some advice.
    Last edited by vintagelace; 07-01-2008, 01:12 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by vintagelace View Post
    Went to hearing for a TRO and was denied. The judge said I didn't have enough information and was given another court date. Harrassing, stalking, blackmail, coming into my home while I'm gone and possibly stealing firearms isn't enough information?

    This man has been convicted of unauthorized wire tapping and telephone harrassing six years ago and lost his job of 20 years with Verizon. He is not to have any firearms. The man didn't go to court for the temporary restraining order.

    I need advice as I do not want to be denied a permanent restraining order. I dated this man for a few months and when I told him it was over he went crazy. When I wouldn't answer the door, he would peek in windows and holler for me or sleep in front on my home in his car. Once he cut my phone lines. I called the police and they had him leave. But he has come back on many occasions. I have my next door neighbor who has witnessed all of it.

    One day while at work he came into my home (reached lock through the doggy door) and came into my computer and read my emails. He found my best friends email regarding an affair she was having and decided to use this email as blackmail against me. He started calling men who I had dated telling them I was his girlfriend and to stay away from me. He threatened to tell my girlfriends husband if I didn't do what he wanted me to do. Well to protect her marriage I did what he wanted me to do for two years. Whatever he wanted he got it. I was an absolutely nervous wreck, I missed many days of work and started seeing a therapist. During this time my gun came up missing. I filed a report with the police. I have copies of im's taken from my computer that if didn't do what he wanted me to he would mail the letter to my girlfriends husband. I called the police the day he broke in and they said I had no proof that he had come into my home. He also took my address book, gate key and my best lingerie in which he has never given back after I have asked back for many times.

    I knew this man had a girlfriend and looked for two years to find her, but I finally had a private investigator hunt her down. I asked him for my gun back and when he wouldn't give it to me I went to his girlfriend and told her everything he had been doing. I asked her if she knew anything about a gun and she told me her boyfriend man his brother a gun and she would give me a statement for the police. His girlfriend broke up with him. Two days later she is back with him. She won't give a statement regarding the gun. Also this man mailed the letter to my girlfriends house in North Carolina in which her husband received. My friend of 30 years will no longer speak to me. He doesn't even know these people. The man also called my place of employment. I have been a letter carrier for 26 years. He told the postal inspectors I had a 30 year drug problem. In which I don't.

    Waiting to go back to court. How am I going to convince the judge that this man has harassed me, stalked me, tried to ruin my life. I had copies of police reports for the judge also. I believe he stole my gun. Do I go to local police and ask why they never checked on my report when I gave his name? The man hasn't contacted me since the day before temporary restraining order court.

    I'm not crazy everything here is true. I hate to think this man has gotten away with everything he has already done. Blackmailing me, following me, all the unwanted phone calls, ruining a 30 year friendship, trying to ruin my career and possibly may have stolen my gun. I have no idea if he will try to hurt me again. Please don't just read. . .I really need some advice.
    You need to gather as much documentation as you can. Police reports, proof of any prior convictions for dangerous crimes, and phone records. You also should find witnesses that can testify as to what they personally witnessed him doing that endangered you.
    Fortunately the Judge set an evidentiary hearing, which gives you time to gather more proof since you didn't have enough for the temp hearing.

    Comment


    • #3
      e

      you can do it better
      Aion cdkey

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by herryjohn View Post
        you can do it better
        First, this thread is a couple of months old.

        Second, what on earth are you talking about? Your post makes no sense at all.
        If you're going to post, you should make some sense.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by xena View Post
          First, this thread is a couple of months old.

          Second, what on earth are you talking about? Your post makes no sense at all.
          If you're going to post, you should make some sense.
          Xena,

          Don't hold back; let 'em have it! You have to learn to say what's on your mind! Don't worry, be happy (jk)

          Michael
          My opinions are just that and are not to be taken as legal advice.

          Responses are based on life experience, personal research, and/or knowledge gained from the experts here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by michaelbmich View Post
            Xena,

            Don't hold back; let 'em have it! You have to learn to say what's on your mind! Don't worry, be happy (jk)

            Michael
            In the mood I'm in right now, if that poster comes back and posts more nonsense, I'll probably really let them have a piece of my mind.

            Comment

            The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X