PFA in PA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFA in PA Question

My question regards the alleged arrest of my brother because of a PFA. I received this information third-party. Allegedly, my former sister in law finally was able to get a PFA against my brother. They have two children together and one as a result of a pregnancy during a period of separation. My brother said that he was arrested on the sole action of the PFA. I understand that a PFA is a restraining order. But it is my understanding that an arrest will not be made unless there has been an incident after the order was filed. Apparently, my brother spent 17 days in jail. Which is my opinion it definitely was not long enough. If he was, indeed, arrested, could his past reported history of abuse played a part in the arrest, or was the arrest based on a more current incident?
    The reason I am trying to find this out, is because my brother is supposed to be moving in with his father, even though he is 32 years old. And I do respect his father and would not want him to be harboring my brother, if what he really needs is counseling.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
    The comments above are based solely my beliefs and experiences.

Originally posted by FriggleFrats View Post
    My question regards the alleged arrest of my brother because of a PFA. I received this information third-party. Allegedly, my former sister in law finally was able to get a PFA against my brother. They have two children together and one as a result of a pregnancy during a period of separation. My brother said that he was arrested on the sole action of the PFA. I understand that a PFA is a restraining order. But it is my understanding that an arrest will not be made unless there has been an incident after the order was filed. Apparently, my brother spent 17 days in jail. Which is my opinion it definitely was not long enough. If he was, indeed, arrested, could his past reported history of abuse played a part in the arrest, or was the arrest based on a more current incident?
    The reason I am trying to find this out, is because my brother is supposed to be moving in with his father, even though he is 32 years old. And I do respect his father and would not want him to be harboring my brother, if what he really needs is counseling.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
    You should contact the arresting agency to see if they can answer your questions. Since we cannot see what the existing court orders are, and you are relaying info from a third party, there's no way that anyone on an internet forum can answer your question with any accuracy.

You should also talk to your brother's father and he can also look into it. Maybe he can convince your brother to get help, if the court hasn't already ordered it.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X