potential death threat?? Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potential death threat?? Florida

I have posted here before regarding my ex wife trying to move our kids out of their school with my knowledge / permission... well that is solved but I have a new potentially more dyer scenario now.

I have my son (11) 85% of the time and my daughter (7) about 45% of the time. the ex has been telling them things like "your dad didn't love you when you were little", and things like "your dad is a drug addict who doesn't love you".

I have contacted the local chilren's advocacy center and have set up counseling for myself and the kids because as far as I can tell, this is the best / proper method to stop her from telling these lies to the kids, which I percieve as mental abuse.

well, since I have set this up, the ex has stopped taking any phone calls and has stopped responding to emails I have sent her that reference her abuse.

then the other day, she was bringing my son's karate uniform to his aftercare (martial arts center), and when I saw her I told her that I was waiting for her email response to the last one I sent her. my email basically asked her what she was trying to accomplish by telling the kids that I didn't love them, and that I was a drug addict (both absolutely untrue).

she replied to me by saying "I'm waiting for something to", and winked at me, then hopped in her car and drove off. Well, this is going to sound weird, but last night I had a dream that she put out a hit on me, so today I called her and she answered. I told her that I had heard through the grapevine that she was trying to put out a hit on me, and she laughed, said that she was joking when she said that, then hung up the phone.

I interpreted that last statement as an admission to saying to someone that she was looking to do that, and that is scary. what do I do?

Q: I interpreted that last statement as an admission to saying to someone that she was looking to do that, and that is scary. what do I do?

A: Stop bothering her and start writing novels. You have a great imagination.
    “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Are you seriously basing confirmation of a 'death threat' on a dream?

Maybe when she said she was waiting on something, too...she meant a call back from her atty.

Apparently, she doesn't choose to communicate with you. Her choice.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
        Are you seriously basing confirmation of a 'death threat' on a dream?

Maybe when she said she was waiting on something, too...she meant a call back from her atty.

Apparently, she doesn't choose to communicate with you. Her choice.
        did you read that last part??? when I asked her about that, she said that she was joking when she SAID THAT!!!!!!

meaning... and stay with me here.... that she SAID THAT!!!!

if someone said that about you what would you do????

Comment

Originally posted by grtfast View Post
          did you read that last part??? when I asked her about that, she said that she was joking when she SAID THAT!!!!!!

Well....I've 'threatened' to kill a bunch of people. Not once have I ever SERIOUSLY considered KILLING SOMEONE.

How many times in your life have you said, "I'm going to kill her!" Come on, be honest.....

If I had a dream about someone threatening to kill me and then ACTED on that dream? I'd lay off the caffeine and Ambien.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          (unique up on him)
          (same way)

Comment

she replied to me by saying "I'm waiting for something to", and winked at me, then hopped in her car and drove off. Well, this is going to sound weird, but last night I had a dream that she put out a hit on me, so today I called her and she answered. I told her that I had heard through the grapevine that she was trying to put out a hit on me, and she laughed, said that she was joking when she said that, then hung up the phone.

YOU called her.

YOU need to stop harassing her.
            “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by seniorjudge View Post

YOU called her.

YOU need to stop harassing her.

....and lied to her, too. Hmmm, could it be that they BOTH lied to make each other uncomfortable?

Nahhhhhh......
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              (unique up on him)
              (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                ....and lied to her, too. Hmmm, could it be that they BOTH lied to make each other uncomfortable?

Nahhhhhh......
                you guys are not helpful..

this woman has a history of psychotic behavior, child abuse, and criminal offenses.

thanks for assuming that I am the bad guy because I am a guy.

sorry I posted here

BTW, I have never said that I would kill her in any fashion ever.

this women has mentally and physically abused our children since we seperated. you guys are no help at all

Comment

this woman has a history of psychotic behavior, child abuse, and criminal offenses.

sorry I posted here

this women has mentally and physically abused our children since we seperated. you guys are no help at all

What you are saying is that you do not like the advice (which is accurate and legal) you are getting.

Okay.

That's fine.

Stay tuned...someone may be along who will tell you that you are okay.

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

sorry I posted here

Then you should have no problem presenting evidence other than a dream and her 'confirmation' of the statements you 'heard' in your dream.

It has nothing to do with your gender. It has to do with no proof.

I don't know of one single soul who has never uttered, "I'm going to kill ____". It is never an actual death threat and you know it.
                    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                    (unique up on him)
                    (same way)

Comment

I will try to be more helpful.

Call the police and your attorney. Heck, call her attorney as well.

Tell them all that you had a dream that your ex is taking out a hit on your and an off handed remark seems to confirm it.

You may want to make it a conference call. That way you get to talk to all three before you hear the knock on your door.

Life is not like "Medium". Dreams are usually not considered evidence of anything except strange eating habits.

One last thing. If you want to stop the rumors of your drug addiction, I am not sure this course of action will help your case.
                      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
                        Heck, call her attorney as well.
                        And if her attorney talks to you, then you can file a complaint against him for unethical behavior.

But, of course, you prompted it so it may not get anywhere.

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X