just wondering Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wondering Missouri

my dad has abused me but it sometimes doesnt even come close to what hes done to my mom. she has had bones broken and almost died from him trying to drown her. he even called the police on her saying sh ewas an unfit mother but she was too scared to tell what really happened. my mom has been hurt too many times. her brother just died and her mom is already gone and he doesnt even care he just says that she should get over it. what should i do?

Your mother would call the police. The police would take your father away.

If this sounds familiar, I will let you figure it out.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

but...

thats the thing she is scared to call the police bacause she knows without him we couldnt suvive my downsyndrome brother needs a lot. we all know what would hapen without him.

Comment

Well then, I guess your mother is going to have to live with the fact that she is willing to sacrifice her and her children's safety for financial support.

If Momma wants out, there is someone to help. When she is ready to ask for that help, we'll be more than happy to help provide answers and assistance.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

There are plenty of places that you all can get help from. None of you are save if you continue to stay there. It will not stop. Read this poem and pass it along to your mom

I got flowers today.
          It wasn't my birthday or any other special day.
          We had our first argument last night,
          And he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me.
          I know he is sorry and didn't mean the things he said.
          Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today.
          It wasn't our anniversary or any other special day.
          Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to choke me.
          It seemed like a nightmare.
          I couldn't believe it was real.
          I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over.
          I know he must be sorry.

I got flowers today,
          And it wasn't Mother's Day or any other special day.
          Last night, he beat me up again.
          And it was much worse than all the other times.
          If I leave him, what will I do?
          How will I take care of my kids?
          What about money?
          I'm afraid of him and scared to leave.
          But I know he must be sorry.

I got flowers today.
          Today was a very special day.
          It was the day of my funeral.
          Last night, he finally killed me.
          He beat me to death.
          If only I had gathered enough courage
          and strength to leave him,
          I would not have gotten flowers...today

Comment

wow

that is the saddest poem ive ever read. she isnt sacrificing us but herself. she stops him whenever she sees him hurting me usually she has to yell at him so he will go after her. i sit there and "tend her wounds" while she cries herself to sleep. i dont know how long she will take it and i even tell her that we should leave ill get my job back and help with everything but she wont. he wont touch my brother though cause i told him if he hurt him even a little i would kill him. its just us

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X