do I call the police?? Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I call the police?? Florida

Long story short, my ex hurt my daughter, it's her father.

I tried to get an injunction. There wasn't enough evidence, his family lied for him, blah blah blah.

Anyway my lawyer and everyone here has told me to keep a log, but in this case what do I do??

Ok today, I was taking my son to the doctor.

About a block away is my ex at a bus stop. He sees me right after I saw him, he starts screaming "There's the witch" (but the other word) throws his hands up and starts towards my car saying "c'mon c'mon witch" again the other word.

Now should I report it or just log it?? I have no witnesses, just the fact that I think he might have been at a nearby place that has a sign in sheet that would place him in the area. I'm trying to get ahold of the person in charge to see if I can get a copy of their sign in sheet for this morning.

Do I call the cops or no??

I am really confused.

Do you currently have a restraining order against your ex?

If you do not (and, maybe, even if you do), it is perfectly legal for him to be at that bus stop. Whether or not he signed in anywhere is immaterial.

His yelling at you wasn't very nice and certainly wasn't big boy behavior, but unless you have a court order saying he isn't allowed to say it to you.... he is... it is the first admendment.

So you log that he screamed at you on a public street. The cops won't even come.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

so it's perfectly legal for someone to charge at your vehicle as if they are going to hurt you?? Should I have pulled over and let him kill me so the state might have a case or what???

I'm not saying he would go to jail for it, I'm just asking if it might help my case in the long run.

With the sign in sheet I was saying it proves he was in the area at the time and day. He lives pretty far from me.

Comment

In florida it is also perfectly legal to shoot if you feel your life is threatened.

In my eyes he threatened me. He's obviously crazy, charging towards a moving SUV. My vehicle is a couple thousand pounds. The guy is a nut that can act perfectly sane every time he's bakeracted or in court.

Comment

Call the cops.
          “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

By the sounds of it u do not have an ro or po. U need to get this if u feel ur in danger. Was ur kid in the car at the time? If so u may be able to add the child on to the ro. Good luck.

Comment

if you logged it and noted the date and time, there might be a nearby business that has/had a security camera that may have caught it, I am not an attorney or anything, but I work at a homeless shelter for families with children
              a few months ago some of our teenagers claimed they had been followed by a strange man, we called the police, and thinking that the girls might be making up stories he got the video from the next door Vet's office and a church down the street. Sure enough the suspect was caught on camera...

Who would have thought that a church and a vet would have a sercurity camera facing the street? Certainly not us. I think if you had called the police they might have known about cameras in the area, so even if it wasn't "serious" your claims could be substantiated even without a human witness.

Who knows, you might still be able to find out if any of the nearby businesses had cameras and if they still have tape from that day

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X