I made a mistake Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a mistake Washington

I have a wonderful love in my life. One night I got extremely drunk and when I came home late he questioned me over and over again. Because I was drunk I got mad and bit him hard on his chest. He then squirted me with a water bottle. I called the police and reported that he would not let me sleep and that he squirted me with water. To make a long story short they arrested him and charged him with domestic violence. I cant believe it. The officer knew I was drunk, I even told them that I was drunk and he only squirted me with water. I did not tell them that I bit him at that time and they never gave him the opportunity to tell his side of the story. His career is in jeopardy! We need these charges to be dropped. We have talked to a couple of attorneys. The next court date is for a pre-trial conference(Discovery). We are trying to determine if we should hire an attorney at this point or if we should wait until we hear the conclusion after the next court date. We do not want to spend money on attorney fees unless it is absolutely necessary. I am hoping that they just might throw it out at the next date. We have been in a long term relationship and he is a grown man that has never ever been arrested. There is not a restraining order nor has there been one placed. I took pictures of his bit marks to show them that it was self defense. Does any one know if they sometimes throw out the cases in the pre-trial conference. Do you suggest we could wait on hiring a lawyer until after the pre-trial conference to avoid lawyer fees? I have also posted this under the Criminal Forum.
    Last edited by melsha; 01-29-2008, 12:24 PM. Reason: Key Words(Discovery Hearing)

Duplicate post

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=185365
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X