Simple Domestic Assult-Need advice or input-please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Domestic Assult-Need advice or input-please

Okay here the situation: My husband and I had an argument on Xmas Eve. I threw a picture frame at the floor. In the process, the edge of the frame cut my finger. My mother in law was outside waiting to pick up my kids for church (she hates me) she called my husband to let him know she was waiting-she heard us arguing, I reached for the phone trying to explain things to her, and got my blood from my finger on his face. She asked him if she needed to call the police, he said no, but then she waved down a squad car. The police came and questioned both of us, we had the same story-that he was not hurt, I did not hit him with it, nor even threw it at him. They did not believe us, and arrested me on simple domestic assult-simple misdemeanor. The police said they would not issue a no contact order, as they did not see need. I seen the judge the next morning-he gave me signature bond of 1000, and issued a no contact order. He said we could only have contact regarding visitation of the kids and that if my husband wanted this removed he could go down there the next day. My husband did this and they told him he would have to wait until my hearing. Five days later, my attorney informed me that the judge had dropped the no contact order at my husbands request and mailed me a copy of this. Today, however, she informed me that they had changed it to serious misdemeanor and she didnt know why. My husband has repeatedly called the county attorney and explained to her that he was not going to testify against me as this was all blown out of porprotion. He asked her to drop charge and she said "not at this time". This is my first offense ever (on anything) and we've only had the police called about five years ago for disturbance-we lived in an apartment-we had an argument and noone was arrested, though. Any thoughts on what may happen to me is apprecaited. I've never been through this and am very worried. Yes, I know it was wrong to throw the frame and am now on medication and we are seeking marriage consueling. (I have also posted this in the criminal forum in hopes of getting responses)

If there is some kind of domestic violence advocate in your area they might be able to help.

Comment

Me to

I have the same situation going on.It was a picture frame as well.Can you let me know what you are doing about it,I need all the information I can get.I am the one who called the police though,and they arrested me.I just moved to Colorado and I don't know anyone.The cops said if I knew anyone here they would not arrest me,but I don't know anyone.I was arrested on Feb.15. I have court tomarrow the 27th.Please any info. would help.

Comment

MomNNurse/J_hanson_2007
        What is the update on your case ? I am in similar situation. thanks for the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by MomNNurse View Post
          Okay here the situation: My husband and I had an argument on Xmas Eve. I threw a picture frame at the floor. In the process, the edge of the frame cut my finger. My mother in law was outside waiting to pick up my kids for church (she hates me) she called my husband to let him know she was waiting-she heard us arguing, I reached for the phone trying to explain things to her, and got my blood from my finger on his face. She asked him if she needed to call the police, he said no, but then she waved down a squad car. The police came and questioned both of us, we had the same story-that he was not hurt, I did not hit him with it, nor even threw it at him. They did not believe us, and arrested me on simple domestic assult-simple misdemeanor. The police said they would not issue a no contact order, as they did not see need. I seen the judge the next morning-he gave me signature bond of 1000, and issued a no contact order. He said we could only have contact regarding visitation of the kids and that if my husband wanted this removed he could go down there the next day. My husband did this and they told him he would have to wait until my hearing. Five days later, my attorney informed me that the judge had dropped the no contact order at my husbands request and mailed me a copy of this. Today, however, she informed me that they had changed it to serious misdemeanor and she didnt know why. My husband has repeatedly called the county attorney and explained to her that he was not going to testify against me as this was all blown out of porprotion. He asked her to drop charge and she said "not at this time". This is my first offense ever (on anything) and we've only had the police called about five years ago for disturbance-we lived in an apartment-we had an argument and noone was arrested, though. Any thoughts on what may happen to me is apprecaited. I've never been through this and am very worried. Yes, I know it was wrong to throw the frame and am now on medication and we are seeking marriage consueling. (I have also posted this in the criminal forum in hopes of getting responses)
          You can't throw things. It doesn't matter what your intentions were. Take 6 months of couseling if they offer it. The system has found out that this works better than jail time.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X