PFA and Employment Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFA and Employment Pennsylvania

I have a friend who has had to file an Emergency PFA. The Emergency PFA was granted and formal PFA was consented to so no hearing. Criminal Charges were also filed. Aggravated Assault, Simple Assault and Harassment were filed. The Ag Assault was dropped, but defendant is pleading to Simple Assault and Harassment. The defendant is a Registered Nurse in a personal care home. What are the options of the personal care home? I have heard everything from they have to wait until the formal sentencing to they should have put the defendant on leave with pay until the sentencing. The assault took place in the elderly mother's home and she witnessed it and is not doing real well probably from the stress of it all. The defendant has a drug problem and also needs some anger management. The care home has been given all relevant information (the District Judge, the District Attorney prosecuting the case, what he is pleading to and when) as it is public knowledge but choose to believe the defendant who tells them that the charges are being dropped. They say they have to wait until he tells them or it is in the newspaper (a copy of which they have). I fear for the residents he is caring for and want to know what else can be done before he takes his anger out on one of them.

Contact the state board of nursing and discuss the case. They would have a hearing about taking away that persons licence to practice nursing. No license / no work / no more danger to the patients.
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

I haven't been here in a few days, but I hope the previous advice was taken. It is extremely important to keep that nurse away from patients no matter what. I used to work in home health and it disgusts me when someone who is supposed to help the elderly will be evil enough to harm them in any way. The victim is in my prayers.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X