Looking for answers New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saxxyman View Post
    ABSOLUTELY FALSE! You would know that if you could read and comprehend.
    1 That is not my quote.

2 Not any post of mine have I said or implied "all". It is your assumption and is not based on any fact. Prove it. What # and post and exact sentence did you get that from? READ and get over your over emotional childish tantrum.

3 I do not have the time right now, but rest assured, I will go back and find the questions you did not answer and list them. Because you do not read, I doubt you will answer. I'll make it easy for your 1 grade attention span and leave off the editorializing, and just list the questions. Perhaps you can give a simple answer pertaining only to the question. Fair enough? Probably not, as most likely you are too afraid and will fall flat on your face. Will you admit your lie when I expose the questions you did not answer, that you claim to have?

4 As far as the courts all sides believe they are flawed, when it suits their agenda. No you do not have to win a fight. Neither do you have to act like you can read/comprehend or have any debating skills. You simply get judged on your own words. Oops sometimes you get judged by ones sensitivity rather than facts and obvious possibilities are ignored. All i have asked is people are not so quick to judge based on say so and pointed out that other scenarios are possible. Reminding you no one here has access to all the facts ( both sides stories and wittinesses), thus not knowing the exact scenario in the first place. You do have the right to disagree, but the question is: "do I also have that right, because I have experience/knowledge there is another side of the story?"
    No.

The only thing I want from you is a list of the court cases where PAS has been accepted as evidence - don't bother with cases where an upper court threw the BS flag on appeal.

Then, I want a list of these nebulous "studies" to which you repeatedly refer. You know the ones - the studies where women and children are found to be habitual liars about the abuse they suffer. I want the studies (website) the findings, and the name of the scientists involved and the organization funding the "research".

Good luck.

Until you can provide us with the above, Go away. I don't need to hear how you were wronged... I certainly don't need to hear anything else you have to say.

Prove that what you are saying has any merit whatsoever or be quiet.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Ya know what... I did spend a little time digging through volumes 1-5 of your rants...

The only thing interesting was this quote...

You have one thing correct, I was falsely accused, and forced into a plea bargain.
      You plead guilty. I find it hugely hard to believe that you would plead to ANYTHING you didn't do... therefore, you did it.

Say what you want... you said you did it with your own words. Now you are using the "Larry Craig I didn't really mean to plead guilty" defense.

Hmmm.... everything is starting to make sense now.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Okay, Sassy (yes, spelling is intentional)...

Here are some of YOUR statements quoted directly from your posts.

This is often not the case as studies begin to emerge, While it does happen, many times it is the female abusing the friendly legal system. As in this specific case who knows? Not enough information is presented, but is also irrelevant to the main question. Keep in mind a woman can easily get a restraining order for her accusation with out real evidence.
        Hmm....I guess only women lie to the court to try to bamboozle their way into the verdict she wants.

This is a huge miscarriage of justice. I referred this person to educate them self about PAS and SAID syndrome, but as you can imagine they had no interest.
        You referred this person to educate herself about complete nonsense. Again, YOU need to educate yourself and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into the wish that someone, somewhere will finally tell you that you are the smartest, brightest man on the planet. Neither is a legitimately recognized 'syndrome'. Get THAT through your head. The doctor who coined the phrase parental alienation syndrome committed suicide when he got SUED by former 'non abused victims'. ALL of those children had to live through hell on Earth due to his 'diagnosis'.

Children do lie and will play one parent against the other. Vindictive X's can be very cruel too. Not to say abuse doesn't happen, but one needs to be very cautious and patient before supporting an allegation without evidence. A father has as much right to touch his child as a mother. There are circumstances when children are of a young age a parents care might be required and has nothing to do with being sexual. Media and know it all teachers often are not qualified to teach children the difference of a good or bad touch.
        Hmm...so do people who abuse the children. As a matter of fact, it's one the most common MOs of abusers. Discredit the victims.

Perhaps reading up on PAS and SAID syndromes will shed some light on the subject.
        All ready commented on this trash.

One more point or question........How many of you are familiar with PAS or SAID syndromes?
        Oooo,oooo,oooo...I have!!! It's bogus.

You have one thing correct, I was falsely accused, and forced into a plea bargain.
        No, if you were so sure of your innocence, you could have rejected the plea and gone to trial. You were just scared that there was too much evidence against you to trust your fate to a jury.

( I brought up the possibility, that this individual has "Parents Alienation Syndrome (PAS), at this time is being pushed as being changed to a disorder. I also assume you have no idea what doing so will mean to our legal system. Another possibility is the "SAID SYNDROME".
        Must I continue to repeat myself?

Then the children have possibly been coached for 5 years.
        Yep, that's what it is. You just keep sticking to that story.

Any psychological degrees associated with child abuse and the before mentioned syndromes? Anyone with legal expertise with experience in both falsely accused and actual cases where there is undisputed proof (DNA)? Anyone here have the experience of gone completely through the legal process ( through court and been convicted, exonerated, or a victim)?
        Yes, I did deal with this. When my 3 year old gave me a detailed description of the female genitalia and then explained that her father was playing doctor with her (including checking where babies come out) you bet your sweet behind I took her to the doctor, filed police reports and contacted CPS. He tried the same arguments you have posted. It didn't work. When the 3 year old can draw a detailed picture of HIS GENITALIA (and I had to FIGHT for a forensic psych and physical exam, btw...luckily, there was no penetration) it pretty much sealed the deal. When he stated that he was just to demonstrative with her, the court actually kept giving him chances. I fought for 4 years to protect my daughter. Now, even if I get hit by a bus this afternoon, he can NEVER have custody of her, he cannot go to her school, he cannot have contact with her teachers (yep, issues of harrassment and attempted kidnapping while the inestigation was progressing), he cannot see her without my express permission, the list goes on, and on, and on. I would fight to DEATH to protect any child from abuse. I won. Everybody knows it. He tells himself (and everybody that will listen) that we lied. That's okay. While he's running his mouth and giving excuses why he cannot be alone with my daughter, I know that she is safe. If it makes him able to sleep at night, that's okay too. I know one day he will actually have to face what he has done. That has already begun to happen. His wife left him (and let me tell you, she was a winner ) He couldn't buy a date with a woman. My daughter is 12 now. I've now begun leaving it up to her whether or not she wants to spend time with him. She tried it once. She refuses to go back. Do you know why? The whole time (and the visitation was supervised AND recorded) they spent together, all he did was try to convince her that I lied and made her believe that he had molested her. Too bad for him that she CLEARLY remembers the abuse. Don't spout to me about how YOU are so knowledgeable on this topic. If you read my post to the woman asking what to do, you will notice that I advised her to NEVER talk about the abuse to her child. That protects both parents.

Do you believe mothers and children are to be the sole judge and jury?
        Nope, I believe that a judge or a jury of peers should handle that. It's my job to protect my kid at all costs, even if that means protecting her from her father. He doesn't get a pass just because he contributed 50% of her DNA.

I do not require therapy, although facing false charges did give me a mental break down
        You might want to rethink that therapy thing.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

I think I love you.

Comment

Okay, Saxxy... I did what you wanted. I researched Gardner on his PAS theory.

Here is a list of greatest quotes from your guiding light....

[Gardner on pedophilia

The vast majority ("probably over 95%") of all sex abuse allegations are valid.

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics (pp. 7, 140).

"There is a bit of pedophilia in every one of us."

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 118)

"Pedophilia has been considered the norm by the vast majority of individuals in the history of the world."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 592-3)

Similarly, "intrafamilial pedophilia (that is, incest) is widespread and ... is probably an ancient tradition"

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 119)

"It is because our society overreacts to it [pedophilia] that children suffer."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 594-5)

Pedophilia may enhance the survival of the human species by serving "procreative purposes."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 24-5)

Pedophilia "is a widespread and accepted practice among literally billions of people."

Gardner, R.A. (1986). Child Custody Litigation: A Guide for Parents and Mental Health Professionals . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics, (p. 93)

In addition, Gardner proposes that many different types of human sexual behavior, including pedophilia, sexual sadism, necrophilia (sex with corpses), zoophilia (sex with animals), coprophilia (sex involving defecation), can be seen as having species survival value and thus do "not warrant being excluded from the list of the `so-called natural forms of human sexual behavior.'"

See, Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 18-32)

Gardner on the sexual aggressiveness of children

Gardner suggests that children want to have sex with adults and may seduce them.

Some children experience " high sexual urges in early infancy. " "There is good reason to believe that most, if not all, children have the capacity to reach orgasm at the time they are born."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 15)

Children are naturally sexual and may initiate sexual encounters by "seducing" the adult .

Gardner, R.A. (1986). Child Custody Litigation: A Guide for Parents and Mental Health Professionals. Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics (p. 93).

If the sexual relationship is discovered, " the child is likely to fabricate so that the adult will be blamed for the initiation ."

Gardner, R.A. (1986). Child Custody Litigation: A Guide for Parents and Mental Health Professionals. Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics (p. 93).

"The normal child exhibits a wide variety of sexual fantasies and behaviors, many of which would be labeled as 'sick' or 'perverted' if exhibited by adults"

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 12)

Sex abuse is not necessarily traumatic; the determinant as to whether sexual molestation will be traumatic to the child, is the social attitude toward these encounters.

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 670-71)

Now, why don't you crawl back under your rock.

Comment

But wait, Saxxy, there is more from your "expert".

I really fought myself over publishing this... it actually makes me physically ill.

Warning - read at your own risk.

Gardner on therapy with children who are sexually abused by their father

• Keep the child connected to the abuser

Special care should be taken not alienate the child from the molesting parent. The removal of a pedophilic parent from the home "should only be seriously considered after all attempts at treatment of the pedophilia and rapprochement with the family have proven futile."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics.(p. 537)

The child should be told that there is no such thing as a perfect parent. "The sexual exploitation has to be put on the negative list, but positives as well must be appreciated"

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics.(p. 572)

• Tell the child that sexual abuse by a father is normal

Older children may be helped to appreciate that sexual encounters between an adult and a child are not universally considered to be reprehensible acts. The child might be told about other societies in which such behavior was and is considered normal. The child might be helped to appreciate the wisdom of Shakespeare's Hamlet, who said, "Nothing's either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics.(p. 549)

"In such discussions the child has to be helped to appreciate that we have in our society an exaggeratedly punitive and moralistic attitude about adult-child sexual encounters"

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics.(p. 572).

Gardner on mothers who discover that their husband is sexually abusing their child

Gardner blames the father's abuse on the mother, who he faults for not fulfilling her husband sexually. He suggests that therapists should help mother's of incest victims achieve sexual gratification.

• Discourage litigation.
              • Encourage her to stay with her husband (the abuser)
              Blame her and the daughter for the sexual abuse by the father
              "It may be that one of the reasons the daughter turned toward the father is the impairment of the child's relationship with the mother" (pp. 579-80)

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 585)

• Help her get over her anger at her husband for sexually abusing their child.

"If the mother has reacted to the abuse in a hysterical fashion, or used it as an excuse for a campaign of denigration of the father, then the therapist does well to try and "sober her up".... Her hysterics ... will contribute to the child's feeling that a heinous crime has been committed and will thereby lessen the likelihood of any kind of rapproachment with the father. One has to do everything possible to help her put the "crime" in proper perspective. She has to be helped to appreciate that in most societies in the history of the world, such behavior was ubiquitous [i.e., everywhere], and this is still the case."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 576-7)

"Perhaps she can be helped to appreciate that in the history of the world his behavior has probably been more common than the restrained behavior of those who do not sexually abuse their children."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 585)

• Encourage her to become more sexually responsive to her husband.

"Her increased sexuality may lessen the need for her husband to return to their daughter for sexual gratification."

"Verbal statements about the pleasures of orgastic response are not likely to prove very useful. One has to encourage experiences, under proper situations of relaxation, which will enable her to achieve the goal of orgastic response."

"One must try to overcome any inhibition she may have with regard to [the use of vibrators]."

"Her own diminished guilt over masturbation will make it easier for her to encourage the practice in her daughter, if this is warranted. And her increased sexuality may lessen the need for her husband to return to their daughter for sexual gratification."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 585)

Gardner on fathers who sexually abuse their children

• Tell him what he did his normal

"He has to be helped to appreciate that, even today, it [pedophilia] is a widespread and accepted practice among literally billions of people. He has to appreciate that in our Western society especially, we take a very punitive and moralistic attitude toward such inclinations. He has had a certain amount of back (sic) luck with regard to the place and time he was born with regard to social attitudes toward pedophilia."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 593)

He has had bad luck with regard to the place and time he was born with regard to social attitudes toward pedophilia. However, these are not reasons to condemn himself.

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 119)

• Keep him in the home

The removal of a pedophilic parent from the home "should only be seriously considered after all attempts at treatment of the pedophilia and rapprochement with the family have proven futile"

• Help him protect himself

"He must learn to control himself if he is to protect himself from the Draconian punishments meted out to those in our society who act out their pedophilic impulses."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill , NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 585-592)

• Help him forget about it

Therapy with the father should not be spent focusing on the primary problem (I.e., sexual molestation). Instead, therapy should be spent "talking about other things" as the goal of therapy is "to help people forget about their problems"

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 585-592)

Gardner on how society should respond to the widespread victimization of children

Take a more sympathetic view toward pedophilia
              "One of the steps that society must take to deal with the present hysteria is to 'come off it' and take a more realistic attitude toward pedophilic behavior." (p. 120)

"The Draconian punishments meted out to pedophiles .go far beyond what I consider to be the gravity of the crime." (p. 118)
              Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited. Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics.

Abolish mandated reporting of child sexual abuse.

Do away with immunity for reporters of child abuse.
              Create federally-funded programs to assist those claiming to have been falsely accused of child sexual abuse.

Gardner, R.A. (1995). Written testimony on HR3588 - Proposed revision of the child abuse prevention and treatment act (CAPTA) (Public Law 93-247).

• Keep pedophiles in the community

The removal of a pedophilic parent from the home "should only be seriously considered after all attempts at treatment of the pedophilia and rapproachment with the family have proven futile"

Pedophiles who abuse children outside of the home should first be given the opportunity for community treatment. "If that fails then and only then should some kind of forced incarceration be considered"

Gardner on Child abuse hysteria

Child abuse allegations are the "third-greatest wave of hysteria" the nation has seen, following the Salem witch trials and the McCarthyite persecution of leftists.

Gardner, R.A. (1993, February 22). Modern witch hunt--child abuse charges. The Wall Street Journal, p. A10.

"We are currently living in dangerous times, similar to Nazi Germany. Sexual abuse hysteria is omnipresent."

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. xxv)

Who is to Blame for "Child Abuse Hysteria"?

• People who voice negative feelings against pedophiles

"During their harangues against the 'perverts' who are the objects of their scorn, they often rise to a level of excitation that can readily be seen as sexual. . . . Psychological, such individuals are ever fighting to repress their own unacceptable pedophilic impulses, which are continually pressing for release."

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics (pp. 30-31).

• The legal system - including judges

"There is no question that abuse cases are "turn ons" for the wide variety of individuals involved in them, the accuser(s), the prosecutors, the lawyers, the judges , the evaluators, the psychologists, the reporters, the readers of the newspapers, and everyone else involved - except for the falsely accused and the innocent victim .. Everyone is getting their 'jollies, ."

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 31).

"Judges . too may have repressed pedophilic impulses over which there is suppression, repression, and guilt. Inquiry into the details of the case provides voyeuristic and vicarious gratifications .. Incarcerating the alleged perpetrator may serve psychologically to obliterate the judge's own projected pedophilic impulses."

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (p. 107)

• Sexually inhibited mothers

"The mother . is . psychologically gratifying [her own sexually inhibited needs] with the visual imagery that the sex abuse allegation provides."

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics (pp. 36-37).

• Greedy parents

"Many are victims of their greed, which is so enormous that they blind themselves to the psychological traumas they are subjecting their children to in the service of winning lawsuits that promise them enormous wealth."

Gardner, R.A. (1991). Sex Abuse Hysteria: Salem Witch Trials Revisited . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics (p 43).

• Judeo-Christian principles

"It is of interest that of all the ancient peoples it may very well be that the Jews were the only ones who were punitive toward pedophiles.. Our present overreaction to pedophilia represents an exaggeration of Judeo-Christian principles and is a significant factor operative in Western society's atypicality with regard to such activities

Gardner, R.A. (1992). True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse . Cresskill, NJ: Creative Therapeutics. (pp. 46-7).
              Saxxy, I was wondering why you kept saying my words were like the Salem Witch trials... now I know.

Get help. The only reason you would carry this pervert's flag is because you think he is right.

May God help you.

Comment

So, you may say to yourself, how often are children's abuse accusations made up?

Unlike you, Saxxy, I actually did the research.

How often do children’s reports of abuse turn out to be false?

Research has consistently shown that false allegations of child sexual abuse by children are rare.

Jones and McGraw examined 576 consecutive referrals of child sexual abuse to the Denver Department of Social Services, and categorized the reports as either reliable or fictitious. In only 1% of the total cases were children judged to have advanced a fictitious allegation. Jones, D. P. H., and J. M. McGraw: Reliable and Fictitious Accounts of Sexual Abuse to Children.Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 2, 27-45, 1987.

In a more recent study, investigators reviewed case notes of all child sexual abuse reports to the Denver Department of Social Services over 12 months. Of the 551 cases reviewed, there were only 14 (2.5%) instances of erroneous concerns about abuse emanating from children. These consisted of three cases of allegations made in collusion with a parent, three cases where an innocent event was misinterpreted as sexual abuse and eight cases (1.5%) of false allegations of sexual abuse. Oates, R. K., D.P. Jones, D. Denson, A. Sirotnak, N. Gary, and R.D. Krugman: Erroneous Concerns about Child Sexual Abuse. Child Abuse & Neglect 24:149-57, 2000.

Everson and Boat interviewed child protective service workers and found an estimated rate of false allegations that fell between 4.7 to 7.6% of all child and adolescent reports of sexual abuse. Everson, M.D., and B.W. Boat: False Allegations of Sexual Abuse by Children and Adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 28, 230-5, 1989.

After reviewing the empirical literature concerning the frequency of false allegations of sexual abuse, Mikkelsen, Gutheil, and Emens concluded: “False allegations of sexual abuse by children and adolescents are statistically uncommon, occurring at the rate of 2 to 10 percent of all cases.” Mikkelsen, E.J., T.G. Gutheil, and M Emens: False Sexual-Abuse Allegations by Children and Adolescents: Contextual Factors and Clinical Subtypes. American Journal of Psychotherapy 46: 556-70, 1992.

When four different states (Florida, Missouri, Vermont, and Virginia) reviewed Child Protective Service (CPS) records to determine the extent of false reporting, they found intentionally false reports to comprise less than 1% of all unsubstantiated reports of child abuse (0.00999634 or less than 1 out of 100 unsubstantiated reports)

1997 NCANDS REPORT, Statistics on Intentionally False Reports

STATES TOTAL REPORTS UNSUBSTANTIATED INTENTIONALLY FALSE
                Florida 186,726 92,337 868
                Missouri 80,185 49,490 460
                Vermont 2,309 1,257 18
                Virginia 51,227 37,282 457
                TOTAL 320,447 180,366 1,803

Section D-9, adapted from Tables 3.1 and 3.2.
                U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Children's Bureau. (1999). Child Maltreatment 1997: Reports from the States to the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office.
                http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cb/publications/
                ncands97/apd.htm

Children Tend to Understate Rather than Overstate the Extent of Any Abuse Experienced
                Research with children whose sexual abuse has been proven has shown that children tend to minimize and deny abuse, not exaggerate or over-report such incidents.

In one study, researchers examined 28 cases in which children had tested positive for a sexually transmitted disease by forensically accepted procedures. To be included in the study, the children had to have presented for a physical problem with no prior disclosure or suspicion of sexual abuse. In addition, subjects were required to be over the age of three but prepubescent and were required to have adequate expressive language capabilities. Each of the 28 children was interviewed by a social worker trained in abuse disclosure techniques and use of anatomically correct dolls. Only 12 of the 28 (43%) of the abused children interviewed gave any verbal confirmation of sexual contact. Lawson, L., & Chaffin, M. False negatives in sexual abuse disclosure interviews. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 7(4), 532-42, 1992.

The “gold standard” study in this area comes from Sweden. This case involved a lone perpetrator who pled guilty after videotapes of his abuse of ten children were found by authorities. Because of these detailed videotape recordings, researchers knew exactly what happened to these children and were able to compare it to what the children told investigators when they interviewed. The researchers found here was a significant tendency among the children to deny or minimize their experiences. Some children simply did not want to disclose their experiences, some had difficulties remembering them, and one child lacked adequate concepts to understand and describe them. Despite the fact that some of the interviews included leading questions, there were no false allegations. Sjoberg, R. L., & Lindblad, F. Limited disclosure of sexual abuse in children whose experiences were documented by videotape. American Journal of Psychiatry, 159(2), 312-4, 2002.

Some people believe that recantations are a sure sign that a child lied about the abuse. However, a recent study found that pressure from family members play a significant role in recantations. Mallory et al. (2007) examined the prevalence and predictors of recantation among 2- to 17-year-old child sexual abuse victims. Case files (n = 257) were randomly selected from all substantiated cases resulting in a dependency court filing in a large urban county between 1999 and 2000. Recantation (i.e., denial of abuse postdisclosure) was scored across formal and informal interviews. Cases were also coded for characteristics of the child, family, and abuse. The researchers found a 23.1% recantation rate. The study looked for but did not find evidence that these recantations resulted from potential inclusion of cases involving false allegations. Instead, multivariate analyses supported a filial dependency model of recantation, whereby abuse victims who were more vulnerable to familial adult influences (i.e., younger children, those abused by a parent figure and who lacked support from the nonoffending caregiver) were more likely to recant.alloy, L.C. , Lyon, T.D. , & Quas, J.A. (2007). Filial dependency and recantation of child sexual abuse allegations. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 46, 162-70.

Comment

Yep, he's just wonderful, isn't he?

I wonder how happy he will be to know that we are now "educated"?
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

Comment

I don't know.

I do know it is hard to feel victorious as I vomit.

Comment

Entitlement

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                      You have NO experience or knowledge of THIS situation. I quoted YOUR opening statements to this thread. You SPECIFICALLY stated that most often, women are guilty of parental alienation syndrome (which is wrong on 2 counts....one, the 'syndrome' is not a 'syndrome', and two, that's just a blatant fabricated excuse to try to convince a court to completely discount an abused child's or woman's testimony.)

You purposely threw that statement in to show how 'unbiased' you are and how open minded and flexible you are...so much so that you can admit that maybe, possibly that in this ONE instance, it's a man that is guilty of a non-existant syndrome. It's rare, but you guess it could happen.

In case you can't figure it out, nobody is fooled. You have made way too many statements and protests about how the courts and evil lying women are against you.
                      Experience... I've been completely through the system, seen how DHR operates, Seen and observed investigators, and experienced prejudices. All of the above acted out with a tunnel vision mind set. All agencies had evidence that would disprove beyond a reasonable doubt, by third parties, who had no agenda either way. They just wanted justice for the children. Not one official took the opportunity to do interviews. The agencies also had information of another suspect, with over whelming evidence, but refused to share the information or check in to it. They had already made up their mind and were hell bent not to change after already charging someone. I also saw the pain of my children and experienced horrors, I care not to discuss in this forum. I also witnessed the vindictiveness of my x-wife. Her actions support every theory associated with PAS. They also fit the SAID Syndrome. You conveniently ignored SAID in other post. You and I both have been making commenting in two threads. What are the meaning of the words "most often" and "many" ? I've never seen in the dictionary where those words mean "ALL".
                      Wrong on 2 counts??? Explain and prove? I am talking on experience, where is yours? What gives you any creditability? I suppose you'll dodge that question. I always will answer questions to me. What are you afraid of? Now you have gone a step further and explained PAS as a fabrication? What expertise do you have in this field? Are you involved in research? Please tell me. I already understand there are conflicting opinions about PAS. That does not make it a fabrication. Oh and if it was all hog wash, why would it be allowed in court? There must be professional support and it must be accepted to be allowed in court, or at least to have any creditable bearing on a judge's decision.
                      Amazing that is all you had to say to my last post in rebuttal. You could not go from point to point? Want to talk more about obvious prejudice or sexism? I don't often make assumptions, I like to go on facts, but it wouldn't surprise me if you've been divorced at least once and still hold a lot of animosity towards the X. I wouldn't be surprised if his problem with you in the marriage was your self righteous and self absorbed attitude. Also wouldn't surprise me, that most men would have trouble being comfortable around you for long.
                      In closing I will keep my opinions, you are entitled to yours. Until someone can come up with facts to disprove what I have experienced. (This does not mean that abuse doesn't happen, or men do not commit this crime. BOTH DO) I've come in contact with many other individuals over the years and changed my opinion about my case being one of few. I am constantly running into people that know someone that has had similar troubles. While a few have been women, most have been men.
                      One interesting statistic: In the divorces filed in the US and over whelming percentage are filed by women. The one I saw was 93%. Don't know the year or if it covered a span of years. What does that say? Topic of another thread. It would be interesting to see what comments are made.

Comment

What were the odds you would sneak in another nebulous "I read a study" where you don't back it up whatsoever.

And you are STILL talking about how great PAS is? Let me spell out what, apparently, my 3 posts of data can't get through to you.

PAS was created by a pedophile to help abusive pedophiliac dad's defend their behavior. It touts sleeping with children as healthy, normal and the only changes necessary to the system are ones where pedophiles aren't prosecuted.

You, however, still stand by it as a valid argument. That says a great deal.

So, what did you plead guilty to, anyway?

Give me the names of cases where PAS, especially when testified by Gardner, was accepted as proven theory or as a medically sound diagnosis.

Give me the studies you are so proud of discussing.

Now who isn't answering questions?

Comment

Oh, and I gave you the studies, complete with dates and authors, that prove that the vast overwhelming number of abuse cases are found to be valid.

In other words, 9 times out of ten (or better), kids are being abused.

That, to me, establishes a clear pattern that the courts, Thank God, take into account when such accusations are made.

And, in your case, it was obviously true as well. After all, you did agree to the charge, right?

Comment

Not Always

I do not understand why most here seem to think I am implying always!
                            I have never made such statement. Me telling my side is not to get attention for myself. It is over and done with and nothing can change that, My purpose is to get people to think. If it can happen once it can happen again and will.
                            That being said, my concern and focus is about agencies being very through and cautious before settling in with tunnel vision. Gender does not matter. The truth and justice for all matter. There are many real abuse situations, and "THE PERSON GUILTY" needs to be brought to justice. When the allegations come from a spouse or in-laws extra care must be used. The agenda of making a claim for child custody has to be ruled out. Agencies need to make absolutely sure before they continue to pursue an accused individual. Get rid of their tunnel vision. It does no justice for the children, it actually subjects them to the same emotional hurts as if the abuse actually happened. The accused (not always the guilty) is marked for life and can never regain their reputation. The guilty deserve the full weight of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by saxxyman View Post
                              I do not understand why most here seem to think I am implying always!
                              I have never made such statement. Me telling my side is not to get attention for myself. It is over and done with and nothing can change that, My purpose is to get people to think. If it can happen once it can happen again and will.
                              That being said, my concern and focus is about agencies being very through and cautious before settling in with tunnel vision. Gender does not matter. The truth and justice for all matter. There are many real abuse situations, and "THE PERSON GUILTY" needs to be brought to justice. When the allegations come from a spouse or in-laws extra care must be used. The agenda of making a claim for child custody has to be ruled out. Agencies need to make absolutely sure before they continue to pursue an accused individual. Get rid of their tunnel vision. It does no justice for the children, it actually subjects them to the same emotional hurts as if the abuse actually happened. The accused (not always the guilty) is marked for life and can never regain their reputation. The guilty deserve the full weight of the law.
                              You have made several statements demanding that I research PAS. I did so and found it to be a haven for pedophiles.

You have made several statements demanding that I (and the courts) avoid "witch hunts" and "Christ killings" by assuming children lie and, therefore, that abusers are really victims. I then referenced studies that prove the prudent course of action is to always assume that the abused children are telling the truth.

Agencies need to be absolutely certain that the abused children are protected before your precious rights. Anything less is completely unacceptable.

I am still waiting on the law references and the study references that you so casually throw out as "facts".

Comment

And while you are researching, show me one study (other than from Gardner) that shows that a child's sexual abuse is equal to their trama from a custody battle.

Yet another "fact" without any merit whatsoever.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                                Working...
                                X