Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son is abusing me Michigan

Hello,
    I'm rather new at this. I have never asked any questions such as this online and would really appreceate any good advice from anyone who is experiencing what I am.

I am a 46 yr old mother of 3 children, 2 of which are from a previous marriage and both are in their mid 20's and live in Colorado. The problem I am having is with my youngest son from my 2nd marriage of 22 yrs. He verbally abuses both me and his dad at the drop of a hat. He gets offensive when we ask how his day has been, or anything we ask about his well being. He's very in tent about not using alcohol or drugs and we are absolutely positive that he is not abusing any type of drug. He seems insensitive to others feelings and doesn't seem to care about what anyone thinks. He is very easily angered by "the stupidity of other people". So he calls this.... We have never encouraged him or spoke to him in any was as to encourage this behavior. I don't know where this comes from. I am so worried and love him very much. This is just a bit of what's going on, but in a nutshell, the jest of it. I'm afraid of him and am worried he will hurt me , my dogs and or my husband if he see's fit. He has pushed me thrown a plate at me and it seems to be getting worse. He has bad mood swings and have suggested he needs to talk to an MD or a phsycologist, but he thinks that they're just messing with minds and refuses to get any help. I'm so sad, depressed and afraid and I just don't know what to do anymore.

Any advice?
    I can specify more in email if anyone is interested or having the same problems.

Very sad and confused,
    thank you for listening.

How old is your son? Have you ever had him arrested for his violent behavior?
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

If he is an adult you can request that he remove himself from your home (hard as that may be). The sheriff department can help with that if necessary. He seems to be in some state of depression and is lashing out.

I know that for certain psychotic breaks the trigger will happen in their early 20's. Things such as schizophrenia. Although he does not seem from what you have posted as being out of touch with reality he does however seem out of touch with rational emotions.

If he is underage you can contact the school system. (they are often a great resource) They can guide you as to where to contact help for him. Even at a college level they will assist.

Unfortunately this is not an issue that you will probably be able to solve at home. You should get outside assistance as violence is not something to be toyed with.

Good luck to you and I hope you see there is light at the end of the tunnel and you do not need to tolerate such abuse.

Comment

You need to take steps to protect yourself.

My stepson has some problems and we've been thru LOTS of counseling and are trying to not sever all ties but be very cautious of our safety.

My husband insists that when his one son visits, that I keep my cell phone on my person and always make sure to have a way out. He wants us to stay apart so that should the son go crazy and assualt (or worse) one of us, the other has a way out. We try to meet with him only in public places.

I work closely with a police chief and I have told him that if anything ever happened to me or my husband he needs to inform the investigators to look first the stepson.

Its sad to be fearful of a child. In one of his darker moments, he said that he wishes the son had never been born.

I feel your pain and wish I had more to offer you. Protect yourselves!!
        I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X